Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My first unboxing video... for my first custom saber  (Read 3364 times)
DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »

My first unboxing video ever...
of my first saber(s) ever...
spoilers in my signature though Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s40SJBF9z5M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s40SJBF9z5M</a>

(probably won't submit it for the 300 point thing, since I'm planning on reviewing the Dom and App separately)

(though if I'm reading things right, you only get one 300 point, no matter how many reviews you put up... until 'round 5'... right?)

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

DarthSai-Dynn
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -20

I will have my revenge!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 04:19:19 PM »

Great review! Awesome purchase! Enjoy!! Points for you.

Through Passion I gain Strength.....

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »

Fantastic review and nice sabers.  Point incoming and make sure you post tons of pics too

MTFBWY
KDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »

thanks everyone.  Order COVID-19 is letting me stay in and practice this whole weekend (instead of chauffering the kids here and there)... hopefully I'll have the chance to make a night-saber vid for Darth Cephalus' march contest and get it posted tonight. Smiley

* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 06:28:53 PM »

Excellent review!!
Well done. I’ve ordered my first ever diamond saber and  after seeing your review, I’m exceptionally excited. Thank you  x

This is the first dominicide that I’ve seen with the black detailing and it look beautiful with the black AV switch - great choice!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 06:35:22 PM »

Oh crap. Those emitters are bigger than I thought. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 06:39:35 PM »

Excellent review!!
Well done. I’ve ordered my first ever diamond saber and  after seeing your review, I’m exceptionally excited. Thank you  x

This is the first dominicide that I’ve seen with the black detailing and it look beautiful with the black AV switch - great choice!

Thanks Robyn.   The Dom is a beast and while the vid was uploading, I thought I'd play with the diamond launcher, which is also a beast now that i unlocked all the functionality (by having a saber attached)  I think you'll love both, but wow, learning curve is steep.

I was actually contemplating trying to figure out how to swap the inner switch from the Apprentice over, so it'd have a black ring, silver internal... it'll also make the Apprentice mimic the latched/guarded switch on the initiate.  (or maybe it was vice versa... it was around 3am when I was thinking this up and I'm not 100% awake) Cheesy

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:40:09 PM »

Oh crap. Those emitters are bigger than I thought. Undecided

but a lot more shallow, especially compared to the war glaive.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »

but a lot more shallow, especially compared to the war glaive.
Let's just say that I'm doubtful the one I just ordered will fit in the box I planned to gift it in.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 06:43:36 PM »

Let's just say that I'm doubtful the one I just ordered will fit in the box I planned to gift it in.

oh, that's a bummer.  hopefully it fits with room to spare for cushioning when it comes in for you.

alternatively, gift it with the emitters set aside in their own padded corners?

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing your unboxing and review.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 06:51:07 PM »

Point incoming and make sure you post tons of pics too

Will do... here's how the single-bladed ones are going to rest, stick-on broom holders against one of my Billy bookcases

more pics when I get home Cheesy

(and yes, I made the Apprentice green for "RGB" when in display mode)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 06:55:30 PM »

oh, that's a bummer.  hopefully it fits with room to spare for cushioning when it comes in for you.

alternatively, gift it with the emitters set aside in their own padded corners?
Well it will get to me with the usual care US puts into their packaging. But I had an idea on how to give it to someone else. Pics to come. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »

Just made a couple videos for the Darth Cephalus March challenge... but it's going to take some time to edit (remove the "turn off light", "put gloves on" etc. portions)

Quick update on the Dark Apprentice LE v5... spinning it was a lot of fun.  I even got used to switching fonts while spinning to add to the variation... next will be to modify the announcement to mask the changes in medias res

I wore motorcycle gloves and those helped alot, especially when I grasp the 'wrong' parts of the hilt (emitter window on the Apprentice, for instance)

and I think I might be a lefty... I was able to Obi-Ani a lot smoother with my left than my right, even though I've spent the last 40+ years being a righty... who knows.

for the dominicide.. where to begin... that thing really is a beast to spin.  I was worried about the claws, but with the gloves on, no worries.   It's a lot heftier than my walking stick proxy, so I wasn't able to do the hand-over-hand twirl in front of me.   On the flip side, strikes were a lot more fun to do with the heavier hilt.  Also, double 24" is a lot nimbler than 36" and doesn't look shortened at all.  I'll try mismatched 24/36 next time I spin up.   My infinity spins on both hands felt more fluid and quicker because of the heft.
I whacked myself in the head at one point, but the goggles i was wearing took most of the hit... it still sting more than wooden walking sticks.
for those sitting on the fence on a dom, i'd totally say "go for it", especially in standard black. 

With corona lock down in place, I will hopefully have more time to edit and post... but it also means the kids are at home, which limits the amount of computer time... so, probably a net wash.  I look forward to critiques and feedback.

I'm thinking I'll jsut keep expanding this thread as I add more pictures and videos.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 01:09:46 AM »

Just made a couple videos for the Darth Cephalus March challenge... but it's going to take some time to edit (remove the "turn off light", "put gloves on" etc. portions)

Quick update on the Dark Apprentice LE v5... spinning it was a lot of fun.  I even got used to switching fonts while spinning to add to the variation... next will be to modify the announcement to mask the changes in medias res

I wore motorcycle gloves and those helped alot, especially when I grasp the 'wrong' parts of the hilt (emitter window on the Apprentice, for instance)

and I think I might be a lefty... I was able to Obi-Ani a lot smoother with my left than my right, even though I've spent the last 40+ years being a righty... who knows.

for the dominicide.. where to begin... that thing really is a beast to spin.  I was worried about the claws, but with the gloves on, no worries.   It's a lot heftier than my walking stick proxy, so I wasn't able to do the hand-over-hand twirl in front of me.   On the flip side, strikes were a lot more fun to do with the heavier hilt.  Also, double 24" is a lot nimbler than 36" and doesn't look shortened at all.  I'll try mismatched 24/36 next time I spin up.   My infinity spins on both hands felt more fluid and quicker because of the heft.
I whacked myself in the head at one point, but the goggles i was wearing took most of the hit... it still sting more than wooden walking sticks.
for those sitting on the fence on a dom, i'd totally say "go for it", especially in standard black. 

With corona lock down in place, I will hopefully have more time to edit and post... but it also means the kids are at home, which limits the amount of computer time... so, probably a net wash.  I look forward to critiques and feedback.

I'm thinking I'll jsut keep expanding this thread as I add more pictures and videos.
A 24”/36” will really feel awkward.  At least it has in my experience.   I used to have a phantasm V3 and had to balance the blades.  I ran mine with 32” blades most of the time for combat and 24” for spinning and felt this to be the most effective use for the blades.  Try it out for yourself and tell me how it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: