Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Ultrasabers Dominicide  (Read 2933 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« on: March 14, 2020, 02:27:52 AM »

Appropriately, with this being Friday the 13th, my newest saberstaff arrived via FedEx Ground
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlsasdH82Pw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlsasdH82Pw</a>

N9neRhymes
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »

Oh yeah, I'm in absolute love with the Black finish on the Dominicide. I feel like Blazing Red is the only color that does this saber justice. It's so fitting because to me this entire saber screams "Sith" The Black AV is also an excellent complement to the Black Covertec on the opposite end. Such a beautifully menacing saber! When I finally add the first double-bladed saber to my collection this will definitely be the one.

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »

Great review!

I’d love to see some photos of that lit up!

I’ve never seen a dominicide in person.  How do you find the middle section of the hilt?
The section with the black strips it looks quite wide/thick.  How do you find the grip and have you tried spinning with it?
I’d love to know how easy/challenging it is to spin. I have a Flamberge and that’s a challenge but doable  Grin

Also will the loose claw screw on?

Many thanks xXx

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 09:15:57 AM »

Great review!

I’d love to see some photos of that lit up!

I’ve never seen a dominicide in person.  How do you find the middle section of the hilt?
The section with the black strips it looks quite wide/thick.  How do you find the grip and have you tried spinning with it?
I’d love to know how easy/challenging it is to spin. I have a Flamberge and that’s a challenge but doable  Grin

Also will the loose claw screw on?

Many thanks xXx

forgive my interruption... but I needed to chime in that I love my dom.  the middle is thicker, but it spins well, being more balanced.  i was worried about the claws but so far, so good.  I swapped out the 36" blades with 24" and it feels great for my height (used to be 5'9... currently measuring 5'8.5) since I don't hit the floor with it.

I highly recommend going for it and adding a dom to your arsenal.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »

Great review, thanks for sharing, looks like a joy to wield.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »

As always, great review. -1 to that. I didn't like the equipped emitters because they seemed to shallow to properly hold the blades on so swapped them for 2 Shock LE emitters. (I also had claws pop off but they were easily attached again). You didn't mention the led module retention screws........ I had loosened mine to push the modules further down to give about 3 inches of depth to hold the blades in better.

Keep up the good work and I eagerly await what customization you'll go with on this hilt.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 08:07:56 PM »

Thanks, folks.
I've cut down the 32" blades to my usual 28"
Emitters seem to hold the blades just fine, but I'm going for something a little more 'personalized' with mine
While the claws may, indeed, screw on, they do so from the inside of the emitter. I can't get in there all that easily to do so.

Middle section is just fine, especially compared to the beast of my collection that is the Butcher.
Spins just fine, and is VERY well balanced

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 09:57:13 PM »

Thanks, folks.
I've cut down the 32" blades to my usual 28"
Emitters seem to hold the blades just fine, but I'm going for something a little more 'personalized' with mine
While the claws may, indeed, screw on, they do so from the inside of the emitter. I can't get in there all that easily to do so.

Middle section is just fine, especially compared to the beast of my collection that is the Butcher.
Spins just fine, and is VERY well balanced

When you say the claws may indeed, screw on, what do you mean by this? My hilt was presale and the claws used the pin style which I could just push on and then use a ring clamp to force back into place.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 03:35:44 AM »

Again, i like the look of it, but it's not for me...I think.  I could get another Dominix LE v4 or Grand Master LE and make a staff. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 09:34:54 AM »

Beautiful Dominicide! It's one of my favorite Ultrasabers hilt, it's just a beast!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 01:36:13 AM »

have you had a chance to spar with your Dom?  My kids and I just did some (they attacked, I blocked) and we broke parts of my Dom.

(Kids were horrified at breaking another of my toys, but I laughed it off to reassure them, then we took turns with the initiate and dark apprentice)

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 02:41:20 AM »

When you say the claws may indeed, screw on, what do you mean by this? My hilt was presale and the claws used the pin style which I could just push on and then use a ring clamp to force back into place.
I'm just going by the holes inside the emitter ring. Didn't really take a close look.
Part of why I said 'may' instead of giving a definite answer

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 02:42:48 AM »

have you had a chance to spar with your Dom?  My kids and I just did some (they attacked, I blocked) and we broke parts of my Dom.

(Kids were horrified at breaking another of my toys, but I laughed it off to reassure them, then we took turns with the initiate and dark apprentice)

I haven't, no. But I'm fairly sure the claws might get knocked out on hard impacts.
I honestly don't do a lot of sparring

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 02:43:24 AM »

Beautiful Dominicide! It's one of my favorite Ultrasabers hilt, it's just a beast!
It's definitely a beast, Lord Sidious. But I like it

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

As always, I enjoyed your review, Therion. I like the Dominicide, watching this review solidified my decision.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: