Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Options and advice - Arbitor/Catalyst/Aeon  (Read 1633 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« on: March 15, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »

Hi
You all have inspired me to get more into spinning , and I’m loving the practice ***thank you***

I’ve never been able to meditate, my mind has always been so restless But I’m finding practicing saber spinning the closest I’ve come to it... I hope I don’t come across as a nut-job but I can honestly say that discovering the lightsaber community and spinning lightsabers feels like a gift.

Anyway, I’m here to ask for your opinions.
While I LOVE my Flamberge, it’s not the easiest thing to spin. I want to purchase a hilt that will be less challenging to use.

So far I have three sabers I am considering-

1)- the catalyst
2)- Aeon v4 with a slightly more weighted pommel (maybe the Flamberge pommel)
3)- the Arbiter  (maybe a heavier pommel with this design also)

Can anyone share their thoughts or give recommendations to any of these hilts? Or should I be looking at a different design?

I’m not worried about the cost, I’m more concerned about getting the best hilt.

Also I’m 5’7”, I’m presuming a 32” blade should be fine?

Thank you for all your help xXx

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »

Huge fan of the Aeon v4 for spinning and duelling.
Flamberge pommel looks fantastic on a Dominix! Just do a quick forum search on Samhain and his Dominix.

I use a War Glaive pommel on my Aeon v4 to balance it out, and with a 32"blade it is right on the edge of the emitter, making it a perrfect balance when you hold the saber at it's upper chokepoint. Wich is what I usually do.
If you go for a Aeon or Dominix v4 considerr the windowed emitter. I think it is beautiful, it doesn't hurt my hands, but I can imagine that it might. It's absolutely not as sharp as the v5's, but still, something to consider.
And I think a AV-switch is an option, I dropped my saber so often that the plastic guarded switch broke. I think the AV is a bit tougher.

I get your thougths on the meditative part, that's one of the reasons I started with martial arts. I'm not the one who can sit and stare into nothingness for a very long time. But give my body something to do and I'll get in some sort of meditative state. Spinning can be an excellent way to do that. As a TCC instructer I have a few more thoughts on that, especially on the sense and nonsense that is being sold nowadays, but that's an entirer different discussion.
But if you're interested I might even do a little rambling about that in the future.

Anyway to end my post, I really really love the Aeon v4, would definately advice them. Great look, great balance, great hold and handling. And of course a few pictures so you can compare the light and the darrk side.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 12:20:19 PM »

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen

The photos of the  windows in Aeon is beautiful !

I’ll do a search for Samhain and his Dominix to see if I can find a photo.... Maybe I should just buy all 3 sabers?Huh

Once again thank you

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »

Found it for you  Wink
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43884.0

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 01:03:58 PM »

My question is.................have you tried putting your Flamberge pommel on one of your Dark Sentinel LE v4's and tested the balance on it? It's pretty close to the same size and grip as the Aeon v4. It would also give you some idea about the feel and heft of an Aeon.

Savior is also close to what an Arbiter is, but about 1.5 inches shorter, but with a different pommel, which is lighter.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 02:40:43 PM »

Wow that’s pretty!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: