Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stunt-Saber Crimson Scorpion: TRI Blazing Red Blade  (Read 1104 times)
Darth_Malignan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side -- Sith Juggernaut

« on: March 16, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »

I will provide pictures later today, but I wanted to hop on to immediately provide a review of the Crimson Scorpion.

Upon opening the box I was blown away by the size of the hilt - and immediately checked for wear/tear on the hilt.  I didn't see anything resembling wear or scratches, now - I haven't gone over it with a fine toothed comb, and I will - but from the first glance it looked perfect.

The weight of the hilt/blade is absolutely perfect, but MAN is that hilt big.

The single claw that extends toward the blade is beautiful, menacing, and offers a must-have uniqueness I really liked.  The emitter has a small three-window spread that allows for the light to display there as well, and it is a great addition to the blade/hilt.

I can basically hand-and-a-half the hilt due to the covertec wheel I had installed - it breaks up the overall continuity of a solid hand-grip, which isn't great - but I can see me figuring a way to wield it, with a pinkie off-hilt or something to manage - and as others have mentioned in the past, the claw will rub/hang/brush against your hip/thigh while it is worn as a hilt on your belt.

I think the claw/wheel combination is a poor design decision.  Now - that being said - I don't know WHY US chose to place it there - but with a claw, I can only guess they felt that the claw being close to you means it doesn't snag on other people/things - which is actually good thinking - but poor execution for comfort-carry.  And it is NOT a comfortable carry with the covertec wheel, given the weight of the hilt, and the stride of most humans 5'-6' tall, it is going to swing, bump, and rub against you all day long (if at a con) and wow is it not going to be pleasant.

I got the 36" mid-grade blade and it is amazing looking when on and off.  Zero constructive criticisms.

The TRI Blazing Red Blade made my wife gasp when I turned on the blade.  She then said, "But it doesn't do the whirr whirr sounds?!"  My response, "Sure, for another 50-100 I could have made it sound/light/flash on clash."  That was received with a "Nah. Nope.  Its good."

The TRI Blazing Red Blade was better color and intensity than I could have imagined, and I'm guessing the batteries are not 100%, so - when it is fully charged, it has to be mind-blowing.

At the bottom of the hilt, the cap there has small square-like accents - and I think they add to the overall mystique and aesthetic of the hilt.

I picked the perfect saber/hilt for myself - and I couldn't be happier.  If I was to re-order the same blade, I'd just remove the covertec wheel and figure a better way to carry it, without the added discomfort of the claw.

Overall, I am 100% pleased with the saber, and about 10% pleased with the covertec wheel placement.  I am aware I can remove it/move it, but frankly, I shouldn't have to do so - given that it is an installed piece that is supposed to enhance the display/carriage of the hilt (sans blade).  So, a bit disappointed with the design decision there.

Again, the hilt and blade are 1000% when it comes to quality and aesthetic.  I would definitely buy again - and the quality alone confirms what I've heard on these forums, US is the BEST at what they do.

Lastly (and yes, I will post pics tonight after work) - The quality of the hilt/blade vs cost is absolutely worthwhile.  I truly believe I got a solid, beautiful, and perfect hilt for myself - for a fantastic price.  So anyone questioning whether the price tag of the saber is worth it, I'm here to tell you it ABSOLUTELY IS.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »

Can't wait for you to share the pictures!

Enjoy your saber, wielding it, spinning, duelling, drooling over it, etc.

Have fun and thanks for a nice review!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »

Nice review. The Scorpion is still my favorite hilt from US and one I want to get a few more of, a pair without the claw for dueling and another pair with to make a staff with. The Covertec wheel is standard on that saber and pre-machined into it during initial manufacture which is why they don't offer options on placement as they do with some other models.

I've made a few mods to mine, including the Covertec move, but it's my first and still favorite.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 05:50:31 PM »

Awesome review! I look forward to seeing some photos

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »

nice review of a fantastic saber. i am getting a scorpion for myself. it truly is a beast. and im all for that.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »

Nice review. The Scorpion is still my favorite hilt from US and one I want to get a few more of, a pair without the claw for dueling and another pair with to make a staff with. The Covertec wheel is standard on that saber and pre-machined into it during initial manufacture which is why they don't offer options on placement as they do with some other models.

I've made a few mods to mine, including the Covertec move, but it's my first and still favorite.

That's a beast of a saber, I'm glad to see more of the Scorpion.

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 07:37:13 PM »

I always enjoy seeing the different Sabers.
Thank you for sharing.

Dr. Ee

DrEe Windu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: