Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Static/crackle from Obsidian v4 w/ emerald  (Read 2209 times)
Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« on: March 16, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »

Title says it. Anyone have thoughts? It crackles and has some static instead of the nice clear, crisp sounds that usually come from a saber.

TIA!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

EccOMyth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 11:22:18 PM »

Title says it. Anyone have thoughts? It crackles and has some static instead of the nice clear, crisp sounds that usually come from a saber.

TIA!

I thought i might be nuts, but both my new sabers. Obsidian 4 and Diamond both have a weird crackle sound that happens randomly. Though maybe the sound font i was under but doesn't matter the font. It's like every 10secs or so it makes a strange pop/static sound quick... Not very happy. Have compared it too my older saber with Obsidian v3 and it doesn't make the noise. Not in the mood to deal with US more either. But i had decided before they came i was officially done with US. And this issue just finalized it for me.

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

*Sentinel v4 LE Windowed Stunt w/Orange Blade
*Fulcrum AV Emerald v3 w/Sound
*Aeon V5 LE w/Premium Sound and SRD
*Initiate v4 ~2020 Winter Raffle 2nd Place Prize Upgraded to Diamond

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 12:53:20 AM »

TIA!

This is a hard problem to diagnose.

First off it very well could be your sound font. I have used the basic saber sounds that ultrasabers offers to make my own diamond saves. A couple of them had a clicking sound at the end of the hum sounds. When it reaches the end of the sound file and loops, it would make a clicking or static sound. I clipped off the last second of the sound file and it loops without the static clicking noise.
 Any of the sound files in my shared link, specifically the basic sound files, have been edited.  They should have no clicking static noise. You could try deleting your hum sound and load a different one to see if it helps.

The second thing could be a loose wire.
 The third thing could be a bad or blown speaker.

I'm sorry you are dealing with that situation.  I hope you get it figured out quick!

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 01:00:54 AM »

Thx Kaiser! Speaker is ok and I'm going to check for a loose wire tomorrow after work.  I changed out the preinstalled fonts to see if it might be just one of them but nope, happens on all of 'em. My hope atm is the wire. If not, I'll try your tip with the clipping. Thx again!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

DarthFurta
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 06:46:29 AM »

when was the last time you charged the batteries?

On order:
Dark Sentinel V5 lite BR
Mantis CE BR

Owned:
Flamberge SE BR Stunt
Dominicide BR stunt
DarkInitiatev4 BR Stunt
PHANTOM INITIATE V2 BR Stunt
Dark Mantis BR premium obsidian

Dark Side Points Please

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 01:08:01 PM »

So if it's a little click or pop like Kaiser mentioned, I've always dealt with that by reducing the file size of a font.

This can happen on some fonts from putting too many swing or clash sounds on the particular font.  It may sound silly but try it.  I believe it's a memory issue.  I'm no expert but that's just how I've solved this issue personally.

If it's something like a serious crackle, I had a speaker on a custom install doing this recently.  It ended up being a blown speaker and I had to replace it.  If this is the case you know the drill, contact US and as long as your sabers still got it's warranty they'll replace it.  At least check with them about it before you start cutting, as that will void the warranty.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: