Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I need a little help with this wiring diagram hasbro bladebuilder soundboard  (Read 911 times)
GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« on: March 18, 2020, 03:53:42 AM »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/euK4E4vZht1EEWYH8
Hey y'all, this is GeneralMalice-'s wife. I need y'alls help please.

I'm trying to add this bladebuilder soundboard to one of the ultrasabers hilts we have following instructions I found on youtube from Odin at Beyond Geek.  I am using the led and battery pack from the ultrasaber and adding the soundboard and speaker from the bladebuilder and adding a new momentary switch. I got a 500mA buckpuck and pnp transistor (whatever was listed in the video description I bought, except a new battery/speaker combo)

It didn't seem very complicated and I was able to get most of it together but I'm now I'm stuck and so confused. I dont understand if those little connections circled in the picture are actually connected (and if so, how and where exactly do I put them?) I understand what they are (positive and negative leads that used to go to the battery on the bladebuilder) but now with the buck puck, the pnp thing and the battery back, it looks like there are 3 places the positive and negative wires are connected (once to the pnp, once to the battery and once to the sound board) I just can't figure it out.  I appreciate your help, thanks y'all.

Everything else was pretty straightforward, so I'm sure I'm overthinking this for no reason.

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »

Malice here- Wanting to see if we can fit it into the initiate v2 as it's so small. That's all

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »

My suggestion is to splice the wires. If you have no issues with soldering, basically you run your main wire and leave an extra piece of heat shrink tubing on it. You then strip a section of the main wire (in the middle rather than an end) and solder a jumper to it. Lastly heatshrink the connection while running the jumper against one side of the main. I'll try and post a picture of what I mean if it didn't make sense.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

More or less like this image

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:03:25 PM »

Successful info. Here is the hilt before we do any etching

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mhAqFhKumTrRdejk9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sYoEPBDtyWehik6a9

Thanks for the help.

We are making it all quick connections and we are making extra leds to swap out colors.

This is so fun.
I also have a couch worth of leather to use.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: