Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box Wait Times?  (Read 5205 times)
Sempra Diem
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: March 18, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »

With my current custom order made about 2 and a half weeks ago (February 28th), I still of course have quite a wait in front of me (which for the record is ok! Not complaining at all as I totally understand US' circumstances, just providing context). That, combined with new social distancing practices keeping me in the house for the foreseeable future, I am going a little stir crazy waiting!

That being said, I have been considering ordering a Mystery Box to tie me over for the next little while and to treat myself a little in these crazy times. It seems that the Mystery Boxes are shipping out much faster than custom orders. For people who have ordered a mystery box recently, what have the wait times been like? If I could get it within 2 weeks (give or take a few days) I would be fairly inclined to do it.

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night."

My Collection: Apprentice LE V4 Tri - Arctic Blue

Processing: Dark Apprentice V4 Sentinel Yellow, Dark Initiate V4 LE Tri - Blazing Red

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 04:53:42 AM »

I ordered my first MB a month ago, on Feb 17th, and by Feb 19th I had a FedEx tracking number.  Can't beat that!   

I do know that you should order the Mystery Box by itself and not combine other items in the order or it will take longer.

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

Sempra Diem
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 02:36:35 AM »

I ordered my first MB a month ago, on Feb 17th, and by Feb 19th I had a FedEx tracking number.  Can't beat that!   

I do know that you should order the Mystery Box by itself and not combine other items in the order or it will take longer.

Wow, definitely can't beat that! I've heard a few other similar stories of having a tracking number within the week the order went out, which is enticing given my circumstances. I'm still on the fence about it but that is good to know, thank you!

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night."

Processing: Dark Apprentice V4 Sentinel Yellow, Dark Initiate V4 LE Tri - Blazing Red

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »

Wow, definitely can't beat that! I've heard a few other similar stories of having a tracking number within the week the order went out, which is enticing given my circumstances. I'm still on the fence about it but that is good to know, thank you!

Order #xxxxxx was placed on February 17, 2020 and is currently Completed.
Tracking Information
Provider
Tracking Number
Date

Fedex
xxxxxxx4829
February 19, 2020
Track
Order details
Product
Total
Mystery Box × 1
SKU:
STUNT-MysteryBox
$75.00
[Mystery Box Type: $75 Random Mystery Box]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:30:38 PM »

Yes I was quite surprised at the turn around time, even with the pre-assembled aspect of the Mystery Box, they still have to mate it up with the blade length and weight of your choice, right?    It's encouraging enough for me to try and do the $200 MB next time, and see how long that one takes. 

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »

My latest Mystery Box order had a tracking number in LESS THAN A DAY.  Ordered it at 9pm last night and at about 230 pm today I got the e-mail confirming completion and the tracking number!

I'm super STOKED, and happy to see that in spite of everything going on, that Ultrasabers is getting caught up !

Order #742xxx was placed on March 24, 2020 and is currently Completed.
Tracking Information
Provider
Tracking Number
Date

Fedex
xxxxxxx70180
March 25, 2020
Track
Order details
Product
Total
Mystery Box × 1
SKU:
STUNT-MysteryBox
$75.00
[Mystery Box Type: $75 Random Mystery Box]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]
Subtotal:
$75.00
Discount:
-$41.85
Shipping:
$15.95 via FedEx Ground®
Tax:
$0.00

Sempra Diem
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 06:12:58 PM »

My latest Mystery Box order had a tracking number in LESS THAN A DAY.  Ordered it at 9pm last night and at about 230 pm today I got the e-mail confirming completion and the tracking number!

Wow that is impressive! Really nice to know with all that's going on they are getting mystery boxes out that fast! Might just have to get one now myself...

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 06:40:36 PM »

Just ordered a MB yesterday (4/4) and I hope I'll see a tracking number by tomorrow.

-

Roux
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 08:01:58 AM »

Oh keep us updated!  Maybe I'll order a couple simply because i want more heavy grade blades  👀

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »

Hey there, Sempra Diem. Just know that due to the holidays and having two to three sales events, a couple raffles, and the release of a Star Wars movie in December, Ultrasabers had record sales that they are working to get out. They're working 24/7 in three different shifts to make sure that we're receiving our orders so bear with them.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 01:44:59 PM »

Hey there, Sempra Diem. Just know that due to the holidays and having two to three sales events, a couple raffles, and the release of a Star Wars movie in December, Ultrasabers had record sales that they are working to get out. They're working 24/7 in three different shifts to make sure that we're receiving our orders so bear with them.
While this is a good expectation for custom orders, we know from first hand accounts that MB orders are getting shipped fairly quickly.
I think this is because they have a stockpile of them ready to ship, so while more experienced US staff are busy making custom orders, newer staff members (that we know were hired as far back as October) may be busy working easier orders, such as MBs

Given that I've heard several accounts over the past 2 months of people ordering just MBs and getting shipping notices within 1-2 weeks, that's the expectation I have for my order from Saturday.
I'll keep everyone posted if I get my shipping notice.

-

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »

I'm not talking about MB as they are the exception to the rule unless you want to add parts to it then it falls under the custom order, my response is to all custom ordered sabers.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »

I'm not talking about MB as they are the exception to the rule unless you want to add parts to it then it falls under the custom order, my response is to all custom ordered sabers.
Agreed then. I also placed a separate custom order the same day as the MB. Set my (and my son's) expectations at about 2 months. That's how long my last order took.

I also intentionally placed the custom order first, then the MB as I want to test our theory.

-

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »

Agreed then. I also placed a separate custom order the same day as the MB. Set my (and my son's) expectations at about 2 months. That's how long my last order took.

I also intentionally placed the custom order first, then the MB as I want to test our theory.

-

Hopefully, it won't take as long and your son will get will his saber sooner. Thankfully, US is working around the clock. Do post pictures when they do arrive, Galef

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »

Well, it's been a week since I ordered and I haven't heard anything. So either Darth Andeddu's experiences were flukes, or US isn't prioritizing MB orders anymore.
That figures that there be ANOTHER set back when I decide to order something that should be ready to ship.

If I had to guess, the employees US hired back in October that we all assumed were working non-Custom orders are either finally trained enough to start custom orders, or have been sent home to Social Distance.
Either way,  I'm sad to not get the same kind of instant shipping that others have gotten recently.

I love my sabers and will continue to get mine from US, but I have yet to have an ideal transaction with them.
Not their fault of course and US has gone above and beyond considering the circumstances, but given those circumstances (and my wife basically forbidding me) I won't be ordering any more from them for quite some time. Possibly even years

-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: