Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Do both ends need sound?  (Read 1146 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: March 20, 2020, 01:33:14 AM »

I noticed US has an option to get only one hilt on a staff with sound. Anyone know how well that works? Do you need it in both or does it work well with sound in only one end?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 01:41:00 AM »

I noticed US has an option to get only one hilt on a staff with sound. Anyone know how well that works? Do you need it in both or does it work well with sound in only one end?

My staff worked just fine with sound in one side.  :-)  Just don't get Flash-on-Clash in the sounded hilt, as the stunt hilt will not flash.  But my staff had consistent swing sounds and impact sounds even when impacting the off-sound hilt.  So its a very workable and viable option that can save you some significant $$$.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 01:43:54 AM »

Do they both need sound? No.

Have quite a number of people ordered just one saber with sound and been ok with it? Yes.

In my personal opinion is it better to get them both with sound? Yes.

Yes, you save money getting only one with sound. But if you separate them, then you only have one sound saber. If you're ok with that, then getting just one will probably work for you.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 01:44:37 AM »

There is no Need to have it in both ends but without there is no ignition sound for the second end. It also precludes getting a lit AV switch in both ends. The sound will be as good as any single saber though.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 03:02:38 AM »

Having done staff sabers both ways, there does seem to be a better quality if both ends have sound.
However, it is not necessary. I'm very happy with T'Shalla's Herald, my first staff, and it still only has one sound saber.
I will echo Karmack's advice about FoC, though. The stunt will not flash

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »

I have a couple staffs with sound on one end and tried a staff with sound on both ends. I prefer sound on one end, it's loud enough in my opinion although having both ends ignite with sound is quite epic, it's not necessary as everyone has mentioned. It all comes down to you and what you want

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »

Full disclosure:  I've never actually staffed up two sounded hilts.   Never felt the need.   :-)  I may have to try it one day, just for the epic dual-ignition a-la Maul in the Duel of the Fates.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »

Full disclosure:  I've never actually staffed up two sounded hilts.   Never felt the need.   :-)  I may have to try it one day, just for the epic dual-ignition a-la Maul in the Duel of the Fates.   :-)

To me, if you don't ignite them at the same time, the clash of blade hum and sounds isn't good

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 05:51:41 PM »

I usually run a music loop through my second hilt.  So I'll say no, ya don't need it.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 06:45:14 AM »

I thought as much. I was a bit worried the board wouldn't be sensitive enough to register hits on the stunt end, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

These hilts will only be separated on occasion and I'll be single wielding only the sound saber in these instances. So I'm not terribly worried about only having one saber with sound. Heck it might actually stay as a staff at all times.

The dual ignition would be nice, but I'd frankly rather save the money.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: