Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Is it safe to assume virus just added another month to everyones order time?  (Read 5987 times)
jonpluc
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: March 21, 2020, 04:25:18 AM »

Is a month extra wait a realistic possibility? i cant imagine Ultrasabers has a warehouse of workers packed in and doing order fills 24/7 still, even though i hear Texas is one of those States doing nothing to reduce the spread on a State level so maybe they still at it full power?

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 03:51:41 PM »

I’m sure it’s having some impact. However, I received an email from ana a few days ago. It was a response to one I sent her over a month ago. I replied back with the needed answers for her, got a response later that day, replied back, got another email from them and the next day my order from Jan 2nd and my raffle prize shipped out. I had them split my order because one saber is a gift for a friend that lives like a half hour away from ultras shop. They shipped yesterday, hers arrives today sometime and mine tomorrow. I think they’re finally getting caught up. There’s been a bunch of the raffle winners finally getting orders shipped out and a few posts I’ve seen from folks that ordered back in December have seen there’s as well. I’m sure right now there’s still a longer than normal lead time but I think it’s starting to get better and while it’s not the usual 3-4 weeks, I think it’s also not at the 2-3 months either.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

Could be a number of factors.  Texas the state hasn't declared anything, but the counties have.  I live in Harris, the top part of Houston, US is in Friendswood (south of Houston).  Different county, I think.

My county has shutdown bars/restaurants except for togo (put that together with bars...)

I imagine US more as a family operation. So there's some professional grade organization going on, but still, kind of operated out of somebody's house.  That means not everything is IBM-grade suit and tie process and communication.  it's five guys, making sabers instead of burgers Smiley

I could be wrong, but my view gives them some grace on mistakes made.  They try to run a good shop.  Things go wrong.  They fix it.  Making light sabers is not a Fortune 100 operation.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

No, I would absolutely not say that it's safe to assume it's adding another month to production times.

Last I heard US was working 24/7. Maybe they expanded to those hours, but with a reduced work force, which would pretty much just balance out. Orders might not get out quicker, but they aren't going to take any longer either.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »

Well my friend got hers now. She’s on the phone with my wife. She loves the saber.  I asked her for pics to post. Mine should be here tomorrow unless fed ex doesn’t actually deliver sundays. Then I should get it Monday. I’ll wait and see.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Jbird12B
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 07:05:22 AM »

I finally received an email from the ultrasabers staff. It read that my order will ship withing the next 2-4 bussiness days and I received a coupon code for 20% off my next order. I could estimate my sabers should arrive this week. I've been waiting since middle of febuary

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 07:34:58 AM »

Man I’ve been waiting since the first part of January and I’m getting mine tomorrow but I never got a 20% off coupon. Just the standard 10% if you have three people use the codes they send you to give out.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Jbird12B
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 08:11:02 AM »

You can have my coupon if you'd like. It's only for orders over $55 and it doesn't expire and you can't combine it with anything else. it's for 20% off. I'm giving it away because I can't see myself shopping here often enough to need it.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 08:13:05 AM »

Really? I figured I’d use it during the next raffle if I got one. Did you get an email with the code or was it on the receipt with the saber? Maybe I’ll have one with my delivery tomorrow. If not though I’ll gladly take you up on that.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Jbird12B
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 09:29:21 AM »

Yea, I mean, I only wanted one lightsaber and ended up getting three.  I got it in an email response to the one I sent. It was probably for customer retention or something but I don't really need it for the same reason I don't have rewards cards for stores, simply because I'm not a frequent buyer. I'd feel bad if I held on to it and it didn't go to someone who'd like to use it. If you wanna shoot me an email I'll gladly send it to ya. Like I mentioned before, it's for orders more than $55 lol

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57:07 AM »

Many factors are making things take a while from the holiday sales to the current sale along with the virus which have shut down a lot of cities and keeping people home who have nothing to do but work on their own projects which requires them to order things online and use shipping.  I'm sure shipping companies are quite busy since I do see UPS and FedEx in my neighborhood often, lately. I know since I've been ordering parts for my various hobbies. Smiley

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 05:24:11 PM »

There’s been a bunch of the raffle winners finally getting orders shipped out...

I seriously hope they're prioritizing and shipping out PAID FOR orders before raffle prizes.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »

I seriously hope they're prioritizing and shipping out PAID FOR orders before raffle prizes.
They are prioritizing!  Those raffle prizes are a result of purchases made during the winter raffle.  They are being sent out as they are being completed.  People have been waiting since late December/ early January for those prizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 06:06:33 PM »

Yeah that’s what I was going to say. These raffle prizes weren’t just a prize. We all made purchases in order to enter. Lol.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »

Yeah that’s what I was going to say. These raffle prizes weren’t just a prize. We all made purchases in order to enter. Lol.

Yes, I was one of the many who placed an order as well during that time.  What I meant was that I hope parts/sabers that were paid for were being sent out to the customers who ordered them rather than being made to wait longer so raffle winners could get thoise parts/sabers for free. 

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: