Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changing the LED of a Lite Sound Saber?  (Read 1032 times)
_Mimix
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 24, 2020, 04:32:48 AM »

I've been enjoying my first ever saber, a dark initiate LE v4 in red, for a while now. Unfortunately, the color red was a bit of an impulse buy. As a Return of the Jedi fan, I've always liked green the most deep down, and I don't have the Emerald Driver, just single color. I know about the LEDs for sale on the website, but I'm wondering how would I go about changing the wires, as I'm aware that the soundboard (Obsidian Lite) affects the saber. So long story short, would it be possible for me to change out my red (with orange flash) LED with a green one? And if so, how? And would be able to change the flash color as well? I'm completely inexperienced in this field, so any help would be good. Thanks!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 02:18:46 PM »

It is possible. You can get the new LED prewired from Ultrasabers but that will also come with a new LED holder allowing you to keep the old one intact. If you have some soldering skill you can clip the wires and attach the new assembly to the existing wires into the body. If you have more soldering skill you remove the wires right at the LED star and attach a new one without paying for the whole holder and all. You flash on clash feature is a second color LED so you will need a multicolored LED unit to make your green and keep another color flash. Red takes more resistance that other colors so you won't even need to change that unless you really want to optimize it. The difference in brightness will be barely visible.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:50:47 AM »

Fortunately, when you order the new LED, you can specify the Flash color on it as well.
Then, it's pretty much as firehand10k said

_Mimix
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:32:54 AM »

Ok, thanks for the help everyone! I'll try that once I order the new LED; I appreciate it!

cookieface127
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 03:37:34 AM »

Is there a way to gently remove the old LED, or do you just kinda pound it out?

There is balance to all things.
If my force alignment is negative give a positive point,
If my force alignment is positive give a negative point,
If my force alignment is 0, give me your favorite point.
=c=

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: