Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Lite issues  (Read 707 times)
SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

A huntress only by light of the moon

« on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:06 PM »

Recently, I've started having issues with my saber equiped with obsidian lite sound and 4x AAA battery set up. It's taken some pretty hard falls during practice, and isn't under warranty now either way.

Tried new batteries a few different times and it always makes the "Obsidian" sound. However, whenever I go to ignite it, it starts to play the ignition sound, LED briefly turns on, cuts back to "Obsidian" and then either shuts off or makes an ungodly sound that can only be stopped by popping the batteries out.

1) I figured I'd check here first to see if anyone would have any clue as to what the issue could possibly be.

2) I would prefer to repair it myself

3) I am not opposed to sending it in to have it fixed, however I have no idea what the cost would be or if US even fixes sabers outside of the warranty.

4) Definitely not opposed to just gutting it and having a go at building my own.

I let not my hate control me,
For I control it.
I let not my fear antagonize me,
I rise up and overcome with all of my being.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
Above all I serve myself.
Do not mistake my kindness for pitty,
Do not assume my anger is misplaced,
I help and hate equally.
Only you can decide which side of me you'll see.

Arsenal:
Dark Sentinel v4 Obsidian Lite ~GB~
Phantasm Initiate v3 ~AS~
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »

1) Since you already tried new batteries (which would've been my first suggestion), I would check all wires and contacts (even on and in the battery pack) for any issues. If that looks okay, you'll probably have to replace the board. I think it has something to do with the contacts between the batteries and the battery pack....

2) Definitely possible, especially if it's necessary to replace the board.

3) US even fixes sabers that are out of warranty. However, you'll not only have to pay for shipping (both ways), but also for the parts and labour. Exact costs can be obtained from the customer service - contact Marlena at marlena@ultrasabers.com, she's responsible for these cases right now.

4) Also a good idea - we're looking forward to your project if you decide to go that way Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:23:56 AM »

Wires and/or contacts sound like the likely culprits here

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30:21 AM »

What brand of batteries did you put in? A low quality battery can cause issues even when brand new. I troubleshoot an Obsidian lite saber for a friend reporting a very similar problem.  They swore it couldn't be batteries because they just put in new out of the package but when I opened it I found Dollar Store Sunbeam batteries in it. I replaced them with Energizers and all was fixed.
If your using quality  batteries either send it in or gut it. I prefer putting sound in my sabers myself anyway so gutting is the way I would go.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM »

Batteries ; My sisters saber did this same thing tried new ones out package same thing.
I brought it home and put in a set of the Duracell rechargeable batteries that I use in my lite sound saber and it was fine no more issues. Hope this helps.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: