Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Economic Stimulus Sabers?  (Read 7012 times)
Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 01:37:04 AM »

I have been lurking the forums for quite some time. I finally got back to work after being out for 7 months from a torn ACL. Now that I'm back in the rhythm, I'll try to be around here more. You guys all have such knowledge and humor and the most I get to do is check every few days for a new mystery box vid, saber review, or a chuckle. I get all of those. Much love.

I'd like to try & buy a diamond and maybe enter in my first raffle if there's a spring one, but not sure if Mrs will go with that just yet. Maybe I can convince her my sick saber skills (I'm practicing, so in my own mind I'm OK) will be needed when people start banging our door down for TP. (We don't have any extra, just sayin'.) I too, am also considered essential (firemans) so my paycheck is still coming, and I'm blessed to have the job security.

Hazard pay must be nice. You can buy a diamond per month!

I for one can't think of how to help my favorite saber builders than by giving them some of my own money taken from me in the first place!

Lol I suppose I could do that but I won’t. Honestly emerald is high enough for me. I’m stoked that I now have a full emerald saber.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 01:38:28 AM »

Gotta save mine. There is potential that my job make take a nose dive. Right now all the stores are stocking up on stuff. When this is over if they still have too much stock we may have very little business.

What is it you do? I’m a vendor for the stores so as long as they stay open for business so do I.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 10:03:16 AM »

What is it you do? I’m a vendor for the stores so as long as they stay open for business so do I.

Pet food supply distributor. All our customers have been making double and triple orders to “prepare” in case there is a full shutdown and eveyone panic buys dog food. Though I have heard chewy.com now has a 8day plus wait for orders to ship. The company also mandated a strict return policy so none of them try to return anything because they “over ordered”.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 02:55:34 PM »

Ok. I’d imagine you’d be alright. Hang in there though and good luck. These are certainly crazy times. I hope everyone comes out ok in the end.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 03:11:23 PM »

Ok. I’d imagine you’d be alright. Hang in there though and good luck. These are certainly crazy times. I hope everyone comes out ok in the end.

You too, mate. Hang in there as these are crazy times but we'll all pull through together.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 03:22:40 PM »

Thanks. I’m still out and about everyday and I come into contact with a lot of people. I have eleven large store accounts, grocery and target, and about 50 small stores, convenience and liquor etc and I’m in about 10 or so per day, walking around the stores to order, build displays, stock product etc. I mean I’m glad I’m still able to work and earn a check but it does increase my chances of getting this virus. I just do my best to avoid people and only interact with the ones I have to but it’s crazy how it’s caused a shift in everyone. Handshakes are gone lol. Fist bumps are a maybe. Customers are scared. Their shopping habits are upside down. It’s just strange.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »

You're welcome and it's understandable. I'm sure the level of anxiety that you have when going into a store to build displays, stock inventory, or making your walkaround, is quite high given that if this pandemic hasn't showed us anything, it's showed us how little people wash their hands. I do respect you for what you're doing, trucks keep businesses afloat, but you're keeping products in the stores as well.  Stay safe and healthy

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »

Actually I’ve noticed more people washing their hands now. It amazed me before. One at how many people use public restrooms while at the store. I worked there for 8 hours a day and only used the restroom a couple of times but I’d see a constant flow of people going in and out. And two, how few people wash their damn hands afterward and then continue to go shop. Touch the carts, touch food etc. it’s gross. At least now more of them are washing so I suppose that’s a positive of this virus.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »

I meant before this came about, I'm glad that more people are washing their hands now but they should do that regardless.  You and I both, I've seen people use the restroom, bypass the sink, walk out to shop, or to eat, etc. It's disgusting which is why I have hand sanitizer on my and Clorox wipes in our diaper bag because of these things.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »

Yeah man it’s just nasty. I’ve called people out before. Especially if they are in the stall and don’t wash. That’s extra gross. Here’s something to think about too. It’s common place at both major chains here that I’ve worked at for the front end folks (cashiers, courtesy clerks) to use the shopping carts to stores their floor mats overnight, and trash to haul back to the dumpster.  Including trash from restrooms and outside the front doors. Departments would use them as well to move old stuff to the trash. For example, dead rotting packs of meat we had to toss out. I know from experience a bunch of times things would leak while in those carts. Or they’ll sit in back by the trash compactor for hours or overnight until a manager would unlock the trash chute. They’re never washed after... so you’ll go shopping with that cart not knowing what was in it before. I always thought we needed designated carts or bins or something but even as a department head I was too low to be heard.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »

I'm the same way which is why I haven't shaken people's hands for years due to that amongst other discussion things that people do and don't keep clean.

Ew, that's pretty disgusting with the rotting meat just sitting there all night and not getting cleaned out. One would think that they would attract animals if it was ever outside. And then, there are the whole using shopping carts for the rotting meat... Ew. This explains why I've seen lots of dried blood on shopping carts.  I'm so glad that I carry Clorox wipes since we wipe down the carts before touching them.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »

Yep. Every department used carts and the trash could pile up and sit for a few hours each day. Never outside but it’s still gross. Same for produce, things would get mushy and sit till they were able to be tossed.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »

And I've never seen these things get washed down since they're gathered up and stored back in the store for more customers...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 05:49:40 PM »

I have noticed that the local supermarket, which is older and often has a bit of a dingy look, has had a very fresh, bright, clean look and smell since this happened.   Probably due to the very complete top-to-bottom cleaning it is getting daily now.

To bad the aisle where the TP and facial tissue are normally stocked is still generally empty.   :-/

Ironically, I'm in the telecom industry and we're working overtime right now to help beef up infrastructure due to all the extra online activity for schools and telework.  I am blessed, but I really feel for the local businesses struggling.  Especially the specialty shops and eateries.  We try to order take-out as often as we can afford to help, generally from local mom-and-pop places, but we've had several close "temporarily" to try to wait it out.

This extension to April 30th is NOT going to help...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 07:59:18 PM »

This extension to April 30th is NOT going to help...

+1 to this.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: