Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Covertech wheel screw up  (Read 872 times)
munumum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: March 28, 2020, 06:20:30 AM »

I was unscrewing the wheel I don't remember the reason and now the threading is weird and won't allow me to reattach it the screw can fit but not with the wheel on

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 10:22:05 AM »

There does look like some damage to the threads. Could be some to the screw instead though, really can't be 100% from one pic. Whichever though, it's not an easy fix. IF the hilt is damaged, you could try to use some liquid weld compound to put it permanently in place, or get another hole drilled and tapped just to the side of the original so the covertec wheel could cover it. THere's a couple other options here too, like contacting US support and see if there's something they could do, but i'm pretty sure this isn't covered under the warranty.

If ONLY the screw is bad, getting another from US is an option, or buying an off the shelf replacement. I no longer have my gauges and I don't remember the size US uses, but i'm sure other modders know it and could supply the size threads.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:37:15 AM »

Photo of the screw? my guess is the tip of the screw is stripped

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

munumum
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:01 PM »

The screw is completely fine I think it's the threading of the saber itself

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 01:38:50 PM »

Yeah, the screw looks good.  Does the screw bite into the hilt if you only thread in the screw without the covertech wheel?  Try threading the screw all the way in and back out, maybe theres a burr or something jamming it up.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

munumum
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 01:48:03 PM »

Yeah, the screw looks good.  Does the screw bite into the hilt if you only thread in the screw without the covertech wheel?  Try threading the screw all the way in and back out, maybe theres a burr or something jamming it up.
Yeah I think the very top of the sabers threading is fucced I've put the screw in and out but it's not working

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:59 PM »

The threading on the screw is 8/32.  An easy fix would be to take the screw to someplace like Lowes and get a slightly longer version in 8/32.   Not to long, you don't want it going to far into the hilt, but long enough to go all the way into the good threads in the tapped hole.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: