Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which alternate pommel would go best with a Sentinel v5 LE?  (Read 2203 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: April 01, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »

Specifically one modified with a black wrap at the choke point, black AV switch and black thumb screw?
Visual in this video review: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=44628.0
I feel like with all the gold on this hilt, the plain silver pommel is just not enough. I also would like a bit more weight to the back end for easier spinning.

I've narrowed my options to the following:
A) https://ultrasabers.com/product/aeon-le-v5-pommel/

I like the Aeon LE v5 pommel because it also in the v5 line as is my Sentinel. It also has the most gold. Maybe too much gold
I'm also a big fan of the Luke's Green RotJ saber style pommel and the Aeon v5 is close to that aesthetic without being too much like it (as the Archon pommel is)
-------------------------------------------------------------
B) https://ultrasabers.com/product/shock-le-pommel/

The shock pommel would give my saber more length, and hopefully with that more weigh at the back end. But the other thing I like about it is that it has horizontal gold stripes, just like the Sentinel's, almost perfectly mirroring the Sentinel's emitter stripes
C) https://ultrasabers.com/product/malice-round-pommel/

I like the rounded form of the Malice pommel and the sprinkled in black bits. To properly match my Sentinel, I'd most likely paint over some of the black parts (but not all) with gold

Thoughts?

-

Darth Imperious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 12:04:34 AM »

I would vote for the Aeon pommel. It matches the color scheme and gives it a good accented look.

"Just because I follow the darkside doesn't mean I'm evil"

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 02:20:35 AM »

I would vote for the Aeon pommel. It matches the color scheme and gives it a good accented look.
I appreciate the vote.
I think I'll keep taking votes until Saturday which is when I plan to order.

I'm still torn, particularly between the Aeon v5 and Shock pommels.
I like the Aeon better between the two, but I think the Shock matches the Sentinel aesthetics better.

Does anyone know which one is heavier?

-

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:02:36 PM »

I just realized that the vents in the Shock (or really any vented pommel that isn't just a hole in the bottom) can be used to put a strap to hold on my belt.
I didn't order my saber with a covertec wheel because I was going to figure out a different way to attach it, and this looks like it.

Thanx for any feedback and keep it coming until Saturday, I could always change my mind before then

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:42:15 PM »

Galef, you need to think about the Dark Warglaive pommel.   The silver/black will go with the hilt, and the balance is AMAZING....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 10:13:04 PM »

Galef, you need to think about the Dark Warglaive pommel.   The silver/black will go with the hilt, and the balance is AMAZING....

Thanx for the photo! I'd agree but my Sentinel is not a Dark version. It's silver and gold with just hints of black.
The regular Warglaive pommel could work but I'm not sure I like the vertical stripes when all the gold stripes are horizontal (when holding the saber upright)

That's why I'm leaning towards the Shock. It looks almost exactly like the emitter of my saber (minus the windows).
I also don't think I want a pommel with hard edges since the Sentinel v5 is so sleek and elegant. I need a pommel to match that

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 10:26:42 PM »

Thanx for the photo! I'd agree but my Sentinel is not a Dark version. It's silver and gold with just hints of black.
The regular Warglaive pommel could work but I'm not sure I like the vertical stripes when all the gold stripes are horizontal (when holding the saber upright)

That's why I'm leaning towards the Shock. It looks almost exactly like the emitter of my saber (minus the windows).
I also don't think I want a pommel with hard edges since the Sentinel v5 is so sleek and elegant. I need a pommel to match that

-

Hmm.   Shock pommel should work, to.  :-)

I was looking at the Sentinel LE and thinking of going War Glaive with some gold laid in the channels.   Not what you're looking for obviously but I might have to think hard on that one....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »

ALL of these suggestions are fantastic!

Allow me to submit the pommel that I think looks incredible for the Sentinel (in this case: v4  Wink):

I have both variants of the Renegade pommels on the Sentinel LE and the Dark Sentinel, respectively.  Not only do they help with the balance but they also look great IMO  Smiley

Here's how they look in-hand for some reference:

(Yep, going for the "Galen Marek Poser Award"  Wink)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 01:34:05 PM »

The deed is done. Ordered the Shock pommel because it matches my saber's aesthetics best.
Went with the solid silver, not the LE because the gold on the LE doesn't look like it matches the gold on my saber, so I'd likely have to paint it anyway so I'm saving $5.

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 10:10:53 PM »

Shock it is!   Nice!   

Please post some pics once its in-hand and colors are syncronized!   :-)

AAC85
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Well hello there

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 11:06:34 PM »

Specifically one modified with a black wrap at the choke point, black AV switch and black thumb screw?
Visual in this video review: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=44628.0
I feel like with all the gold on this hilt, the plain silver pommel is just not enough. I also would like a bit more weight to the back end for easier spinning.
 I was actually going to get a shock pommel myself. Long story short the thought was getting the sentinel v5 and a v5 apprentice with that pommel so it's a bit longer that would look better as a pair.

I've narrowed my options to the following:
A) https://ultrasabers.com/product/aeon-le-v5-pommel/

I like the Aeon LE v5 pommel because it also in the v5 line as is my Sentinel. It also has the most gold. Maybe too much gold
I'm also a big fan of the Luke's Green RotJ saber style pommel and the Aeon v5 is close to that aesthetic without being too much like it (as the Archon pommel is)
B) https://ultrasabers.com/product/shock-le-pommel/

The shock pommel would give my saber more length, and hopefully with that more weigh at the back end. But the other thing I like about it is that it has horizontal gold stripes, just like the Sentinel's, almost perfectly mirroring the Sentinel's emitter stripes
C) https://ultrasabers.com/product/malice-round-pommel/

I like the rounded form of the Malice pommel and the sprinkled in black bits. To properly match my Sentinel, I'd most likely paint over some of the black parts (but not all) with gold

Thoughts?

-

May the force be with you
Always.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: