Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Christmas present  (Read 2057 times)
mental_max
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: December 31, 2011, 03:22:02 AM »

As a early Christmas present my husband bought me and himself ultra sabers. I was a bit picky and wanted a metal one with violet amethyst Led set up, he just got a random grab bag one. To be honest I'm glad that I did get the metal one as I don't like the pvc but I can honestly say that I love mine.
Standard issue battle saber.

After some mild dueling and general messing about resulting in a broken lampshade my batteries started to die wich resulted in it fading to a reddish pink colour, Origionally I have to admit I thought it was messed up and I was stuck with a pink saber but was extremely relieved to find that it just needed some new batteries.

With new batteries it is now actually quite painful to stare at for more than a few seconds because it is so bright.

As you can see from my husbands saber the Pvc is coming off which is part of the reason I'm so glad that I got metal, but it is still a fairly cool saber.

We decided to get the ultra edge heavy blades after managing to completely obliterate our fx light sabers in just a few days.
We've also just ordered another one as a birthday present for a friend, just hoping that it ships here in time.

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »

First - welcome to the forums! Anyways, that is a nice looking saber! I believe ThreadJack has the exact same color/hilt combo. By the way, nothing is wrong with a pinkish blade Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »

First - welcome to the forums! Anyways, that is a nice looking saber! I believe ThreadJack has the exact same color/hilt combo. By the way, nothing is wrong with a pinkish blade Wink

Yup, same blade too. Mines a bit more custom though.(O-Rings!) It's a great hilt, you chose wisely.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »

Welcome to our little hideaway from reality. The grab bag is always a treat for those who can't make up their mind and the Si (standard Issue) is a great first saber. for the lamp shade, we have all been there. I know, I know you want to play with it as soon as you get it. However this usually results in broken lights/T.V's/ random appliances , dents in walls, the dog yelping and running away or..... Breaking grandmas  hip(yeah don't worry about that one). But I recommend going outside or a open space, preferable with high ceilings.  (p.s.: the good thing about your Si  is that you can get a second one the and make a staff or twice the destructive power!! )  Grin     

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »

Nice sabers. Get some protective clear coating on the pvc hilt then it could be like its heavily weathered.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »

Matte clearcoat for the PVS should help, though you might want to give it a little light sanding first to make sure the paint takes. OR..... I'd suggest you just go to your nearest craft, fabric, or shoe (yes, I said shoe) store and buy a pack of leather lace. Like boot lace, for shoes. Wrap the leather around there, either using google to learn how to tie it off properly, or cheaping out like me and just glueing it down. That'll keep you from wearing out the black coating on the pvc. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: