Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominicide + 2 free sabers just came in  (Read 1449 times)
Darth Mohl
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 05, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »

The Sabers all look great and I think I got some pretty good hilts for randoms. The Diamond controller on my Dominicide sounds pretty good and I like how settings can be configured although I can't seem to get it to connect to the editing program. While I am overall  satisfied with my order, I do have a few issues to be addressed. First one is just how many screws I need to unscrew in order to get to the batteries of my Dominicide. That's a minor issue though.

Big issue is customer service of course...It was shipped out to the address I was staying for school after the corona outbreak. Needless to say, I had to drive out 5 hours to my old school housing to pick it up since their customer support did nothing to change the shipping address even after I gave them a heads up before it shipped.

Finally, my free initiate saber has scratches all down the hilt on 2 sides which is quite annoying but I doubt contacting customer service about it will help since they don't respond to anything.

As you can see with this free initiate saber, there are scratches all down 2 sides of the hilt.

Does anyone else have issues with the ultrasabers launcher? If so, how can I work around this? What should I do about my free initiate with these wierd scratches on it?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:55:52 PM »

Beautiful sabers you have there, Darth Mohl. I'm sorry to hear about the shipping issue you faced, just know that US is currently working 24/7 to get sabers out to people and have little time to respond to all of our emails. They do try to make sure that they respond as much as they can. Keep in mind that free sabers are whatever US has in stock so there may be blemishes and scratches.

Make sure that you have the correct version of the US Launcher

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23236.0

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 08:20:48 PM »

Sorry to hear about those minor issues...but...YOU HAVE YOUR SABERS!! And some fine looking sabers they are. I didn't have any plans to get a Dominicide..but that looks pretty sweet. Hope you do a video review. I'd be interested to see what you think of it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »

All of those sabers look really good and that Dominicide looks really nice.  As the others have said most of the freebies are usually sabers that have been used at conventions for demos so it’s not surprising that some have defects.  Just look at it as if it’s already battle tested and it works. 

Please remember that customer service has been swamped and aren’t choosing to ignore your messages.  Many of us are waiting to hear back from our own emails sent to them as well. 

US has a history of having really good customer service and I’m not speaking as a “fan boy” as some of us have been called.  I’ve been a customer of theirs since 2014 and have dealt with them numerous times for different issues and they have always been professional and courteous. 

I hope you enjoy your new sabers and post more pics of them please.  When things settle down and you’re able to actually interact with Customer service I hope you understand why most of us are here and keep ordering from US

MTFBWY
KDP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 02:18:11 PM »

A good looking double saber. I can understand how the screw removal for a battery change would be unpleasant. I like all the sabers presented.
For the scratch issue on the free saber; my thoughts are contact costumer service and alert them to the issue. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the customer service interactions with Ultra Sabers. I am sure it is not always the same for everyone so it can create frustration. But back on topic; I would alert them with pics and keep in mind it was free. I understand good money was put into the order to obtain the free item but it is not always there fault. To further my point, if you do not inform them of the situation, nothing can be done; making the effort is at least opening the possibility.

Good luck and thank you for sharing.

DrEe Windu

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:57:23 AM »

Beautiful lightsabers!

On the free sabers, my understanding is these free sabers could have imperfections on the hilt finish and they are free anyway. Ultrasabers is the only company that I am aware of that give sabers for free as part of their discounts.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »

Beautiful lightsabers!

On the free sabers, my understanding is these free sabers could have imperfections on the hilt finish and they are free anyway. Ultrasabers is the only company that I am aware of that give sabers for free as part of their discounts.

Correct and correct. I have yet to see a company give out free sabers and much and often as Ultrasabers does.

F5ive of N9ine
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 02:39:16 AM »

"What should I do about my free initiate with these wierd scratches on it?"

Hard to tell for sure from these pics, but looks like ancient runic Jedi to me.
(i.e., make it part of a backstory for the blade)

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 04:42:23 AM »

Steel wool or 1000+ grit sandpaper with a wet sand can remove a small amount of material to improve the finish and remove scratches

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: