Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: mask idea  (Read 5497 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:58 AM »

I have an old cpap mask thI've ivebeen thinking about converting into some kind of sithy rebreather. Does anyone know if the tubing can be painted with just spray paint? Suggestions welcome.

Also any other fun ideas about design are welcome

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Xanth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

Yes you should be able to paint the tubing however it's not going to last. Paint does not do well to movement. Those hoses are pretty flexible and the paint will crack quickly. My recommendation find colored tubing of what you want if it all possible.

Biofreak659
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 02:15:38 AM »

I have an old cpap mask thI've ivebeen thinking about converting into some kind of sithy rebreather. Does anyone know if the tubing can be painted with just spray paint? Suggestions welcome.

Also any other fun ideas about design are welcome

You might have some luck coating the tubing in colored plastidip, which should hold up to the flexibility. It won't be transparent, though

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 12:20:45 PM »

thanks for the tip. Lyckily I am not planning fir the tubes to be mobile or clear but just interesting visual accents. I'm only using two pieces of about 5-6 inches coming out of the left aand right cheeks of the mask and I haven't quite yyet ffigured the enendpoints yet. Painting greeblies and weathering should complete the look. Pictures when complete

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »

I hesitate to say this, but any thoughts about heat shrink tubing? There are various colors and it would make the tubing a little more moldable while it is warm, but I don't know the heat tolerances of the CPAP tubing, so i'm not sure if it would soften or collapse it.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »

I'm just trying to use what I have at hand and see what I can come up with…you know…pandemic

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 03:57:54 AM »

If you could get hold of bed liner spray paint, it's almost like a rubber coating. Bet that would work.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »

I did some recent plumbing work and have plans for the old braided hoses I used for the sinks.  I bet something like that would look good.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 11:10:57 PM »

I did some recent plumbing work and have plans for the old braided hoses I used for the sinks.  I bet something like that would look good.

Those always have a cool look. I bet it would be wild to incorporate in a saber design

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »

I still have to do a final clear matte coat. But here's what I came up with:

let me know what you think..seriously

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »

Nice mask, mrg. I like it

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »

Nice mask, mrg. I like it

It's fun what you can do with stuff around the house :-)

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 03:19:51 PM »

It's fun what you can do with stuff around the house :-)

Agreed and I like what you did

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »

very cool!

Another idea with clear tubes is to pour/spray paint inside them, so the coating is seen from the outside.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 02:39:24 AM »

very cool!

Another idea with clear tubes is to pour/spray paint inside them, so the coating is seen from the outside.

…now he tells me!

Just kidding! I like that idea

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: