Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Down
Author Topic: "Forum" colors and how to order them.  (Read 131850 times)
Zurth
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »

ROTFL.

It is like that! You show up and your friend goes I'm getting a 4x4 and you go what? Then you see it. Grin

I'm more of a 5x5 kinda guy. But I have question on the forum page there in the member online box at the bottom each User's name is in almost a different colour, why is that?

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1701

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »

I'm more of a 5x5 kinda guy. But I have question on the forum page there in the member online box at the bottom each User's name is in almost a different colour, why is that?

The color of the name's change when your "Title" changes; which happens when you hit "Milestones" in the posts.

The posts kind of act like XP in a sense.

It makes the members feel more involved. Grin

====================================

A warning to anyone who is considering a Sentinel Yellow saber:

"It will steal attention away from other sabers" - Kham-Ryn Kurios (yes I'm making a quote about me)

Not to say you will love your sabers any less but I know Jammo can attest to it "OMG IT'S YELLOW" effect it has on you. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

NavyGodzilla
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:47 AM »

bump

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Ricktur
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »

this thread should be stickied as it is very important information.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

this thread should be stickied as it is very important information.

I keep saying that but it hasn't been yet. lol

than k you guys for the bumps.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zurth
Knight Major

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

Hey Kham can you order the colours with Abbreviations (SY, DVA, BH,  PO)? Or do you have to write it all out?

Lightsabers:

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »

Hey Kham can you order the colours with Abbreviations (SY, DVA, BH,  PO)? Or do you have to write it all out?

I personally have always wrote the full name.

Just as a precaution, so you're comment is clear.

Not they wouldn't understand it but I would really fracking hate for someone to not get what they wanted because the abbreviation was accidentally missed.

Just write the full name to be safe brother. Grin

Zurth
Knight Major

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »

I personally have always wrote the full name.

Just as a precaution, so you're comment is clear.

Not they wouldn't understand it but I would really fracking hate for someone to not get what they wanted because the abbreviation was accidentally missed.

Just write the full name to be safe brother. Grin

But SY is so much easier to type then Sentinel Yellow xD has there ever been a mistake where you've order a Forum colour and not receive your colour and instead a different colour?

Lightsabers:

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »

But SY is so much easier to type then Sentinel Yellow xD has there ever been a mistake where you've order a Forum colour and not receive your colour and instead a different colour?

No, not here.

Just don't want anything getting lost in the translation. Grin

NavyGodzilla
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

So, aside from just bumping this I was wondering, how did people stumble on the forum colours?  Did someone one day just put in the comments "Hey can you make it yellow/pink/cream etc." or did they post up one day "Hey we were playing around with an LED and discovered blood orange!"

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »

So, aside from just bumping this I was wondering, how did people stumble on the forum colours?  Did someone one day just put in the comments "Hey can you make it yellow/pink/cream etc." or did they post up one day "Hey we were playing around with an LED and discovered blood orange!"

My first encounter with them was when I got my first US in FO because they didn't have Yellow.

Then I came to the forum and Master Nero was like "Oh yeah, they have yellow." then I lost it.

Once I started raving about sY the other color names started getting tossed around a lot more.

That's what I remember. Grin

NavyGodzilla
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 05:13:11 PM »

Hmmm interesting.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1594

Suns of the Force

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »

My first encounter with them was when I got my first US in FO because they didn't have Yellow.

Then I came to the forum and Master Nero was like "Oh yeah, they have yellow." then I lost it.

Once I started raving about sY the other color names started getting tossed around a lot more.

That's what I remember. Grin

Ah, I remember that now.  I'm very glad I could introduce you to your favorite color  Grin

It's pretty mysterious how they come about, although ultimately it comes down to people asking Ultra and Deep for specific things and them tinkering with RGB leds to meet these requests.  For Dark Violet and Bane's Heart it was just created when people wanted more blue or red in their Violet Amethyst sabers.

I believe Amanita was one of the first to get Sentinel Yellow, so she might be the one to answer about that origin.  Likewise, the first one I remember getting Pyrestone was a guy called Darkhorse V, though there very well could have been others before.

Keep in mind some of the modern "standard colors" started out as "forum colors."  When I first started buying from them they only had the standard five, with Sunriders Destiny as the "secret color."

Zurth
Knight Major

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »

Keep in mind some of the modern "standard colors" started out as "forum colors."  When I first started buying from them they only had the standard five, with Sunriders Destiny as the "secret color."

So does that mean that these Forum colours maybe become apart of the Norm and new Forum Colours may come?

Lightsabers:

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1594

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »

So does that mean that these Forum colours maybe become apart of the Norm and new Forum Colours may come?

It's not outside the realm of possibility.  I can't say for sure (I'm not an employee) but from previous experience it wouldn't surprise me.

The thing is, when they offer a color as a regular selection they want to have 100% confidence in it.  RGB mixing is a tricky thing and it's hard to get a consistent color that makes everyone happy.  They typically wait until they have the perfect mix before introducing it into the "regular colors", and even then they sometimes tweak it down the line.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: