Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question on Obsidian Lite Soundboard options  (Read 791 times)
StarWarsFan626
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« on: April 16, 2020, 10:18:28 PM »

So I've been thinking about buying a lightsaber with lite sound but im not sure that the default Obsidian soundfont is the one that I want. Would I be able to order the lite soundboard but with a different soundfont? Thanks!

My sabers: Aeon V2 TRI AS

My wishlist: Phantasm Initiate V3 in CG, Renegade LE Diamond, Dorinian in GB, Apprentice LE V5 in BVA, Dark Initiate LE V5 in BR, Prophecy in AB, Brood Guard LE in BR or SR, Empress in SY or FR, Bellicose in CG or VA, Butcher in VA or BR, Fulcrum & Lost Grey in CG, Chosen One CE in BR, Dominicide (Cant decide what color lol), The Fallen in FO or GB, Dark Monarch Diamond,

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 11:16:17 PM »

So I've been thinking about buying a lightsaber with lite sound but im not sure that the default Obsidian soundfont is the one that I want. Would I be able to order the lite soundboard but with a different soundfont? Thanks!

Unfortunately this is not an option.   They are 'hard wired" with the default font.

If you're not sure, go for the v3 or v4 board.  Or I suspect you might be able to go to the Obsidian forum and get a recording of the default font you can listen to on an mp3 or similar player so you can hear what it sounds like.
PM member Racona Nova, he can probably help you out, he's the resident Obsidian guru.   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »

Well, there's a way to listen to the fonts in the UltraSabers Launcher itself even when no saber is connected. You just need to downlad the packages from here (don't worry, they're free even when the website says $ 999.99), unzip them to a folder and then do the following:

1. Start the launcher or install it, if you haven't done that yet. Either way, give the launcher's setup.exe and UltraSabersLauncher.exe files admin rights before installing and running it (right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Checkbox "Run as Administrator")!
2. Go to the tab "Obsidian sound board".
3. Open the Sound Wizard.
4. Click the small "Load" link in blue and browse to the folder where you unzipped the sound packages to.
5. Load a font, for example "Default" which is the default Obsidian font that is common to all sound boards, from Lite to v4 and the Diamond Controller.
6. Click through the different sections (Tag/Boot, Power Up etc.) on the left and then on the "Play" icon for the preview. When there is more than one file, click the file you want to listen to and then "Play" (motion and impact sometimes have more than one file).

But as Karmack said, there's no way to change the font on a Lite board, not even by the Ultrasabers staff.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: