Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Indigo Lightsaber?  (Read 1165 times)
Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

Lightside Points Appreciated

« on: April 17, 2020, 07:42:12 PM »

Hey all,
I asked later in a different thread, but wanted to get your opinion here. I'm trying to get a saber color that is close to indigo, like in the indigo saber from "Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order" like below:

It isn't quite purple, but it's definitely darker than blue.

What would be the best and brightest way to get this?

Tri-CREE Guardian Blue with maybe a red or purple filter?

Tri-CREE Adegan Silver with filters?

Or is the Emerald driver still my best bet?

Thanks!

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom."
Shock LE (Emerald), Aeon v4 (Consular Green), Sentinel v5 (Tri-Cree Adegan Silver), Dominix LE v4 (Tri-Cree Consular Green)

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 11:08:04 PM »

Id say Blue Violet Amethyst or Violet Amethyst is closer to that color based on vids Ive seen of those

In the Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 w/ Consular Green
Dominix LE V2 w/ Blazing Red
Dark Menace w/ Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Chosen One SE w/ Tri Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Graflex SE w/ Tri Consular Green w/ Obsidian V4
Bellicose w/ Obsidian V3 & Emerald 2 Channel Driver (1st Place Raffle Prize)
Archon 3.1 w/ Tri Fire Orange w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate V5 w/ Tri Guardian Blue w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate LE V4 w/ Fire Orange

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:08:53 PM »

Hey all,
I asked later in a different thread, but wanted to get your opinion here. I'm trying to get a saber color that is close to indigo, like in the indigo saber from "Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order" like below:

It isn't quite purple, but it's definitely darker than blue.

What would be the best and brightest way to get this?

Tri-CREE Guardian Blue with maybe a red or purple filter?

Tri-CREE Adegan Silver with filters?

Or is the Emerald driver still my best bet?

Thanks!

For a true indigo color, you should go Emerald.   You can't filter blue.  Filters block colors, and there's nothing but blue in a blue LED.   Its one of the "pure" colors.   Monochromatic colors are red, blue and green.  Everything else is a mix.  White is ALL colors.    Your indigo color is blue with a little red in it.  

If you want to filter for it, I would recommend getting Violet Amethyst, which is red and blue mixed, and then filter for the indigo.  That would strain some of the red out of the existing mix, which would dim it a bit but probably not to badly.  Filtering white for it would block way to much light and result in a very dim blade.

Emerald would let you mix it as needed and would be a bit brighter than filtering a VA LED, but the VA LED would be quite a bit cheaper than Emerald for a single color.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:45:38 PM »

For a true indigo color, you should go Emerald.   You can't filter blue.  Filters block colors, and there's nothing but blue in a blue LED.   Its one of the "pure" colors.   Monochromatic colors are red, blue and green.  Everything else is a mix.  White is ALL colors.    Your indigo color is blue with a little red in it.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

If you want to filter for it, I would recommend getting Violet Amethyst, which is red and blue mixed, and then filter for the indigo.  That would strain some of the red out of the existing mix, which would dim it a bit but probably not to badly.  Filtering white for it would block way to much light and result in a very dim blade.

Yeah that makes sense. It could work without dimming it too much.

Emerald would let you mix it as needed and would be a bit brighter than filtering a VA LED, but the VA LED would be quite a bit cheaper than Emerald for a single color.

That's true. And if the blue filter didn't work out, I might be stuck with VA. It's a nice color, but not what I was looking for.

Thanks for the tips.  Grin

Shock LE (Emerald), Aeon v4 (Consular Green), Sentinel v5 (Tri-Cree Adegan Silver), Dominix LE v4 (Tri-Cree Consular Green)

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 11:05:33 PM »

I bit the bullet and ordered a Dark Apprentice v4 LE staff in Violet Amethyst. After seeing a few videos on YouTube where they were able to filter out the red or blue diode pretty well using color discs, I figure I could give it a try. Maybe a lighter blue disc or a LEE filter could get me the indigo I want. If it doesn't work, it's still a pretty cool color for a staff.

I'll return and report when it comes in. Thanks all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: