Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jay and Silent Bob?  (Read 1674 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« on: April 20, 2020, 02:21:44 AM »

So a little explanation first. When I got my first diamond saber I went looking for fonts. I went to the "other guys" website and looked at their fonts. I made a list of stuff I wanted and it totaled over $120.
That's a lot of money so I bought one to try out first. I hated it and felt ripped off. I swore to never buy another font from them ever again.  But I had that list and wanted those fonts! For $7 per font I was not impressed.
 I truly believe if you want something done right, then do it yourself. So I learned how to make fonts. Here is one from my original list, Jay and Silent Bob.
 The idea is the tiny little bit from the movie where they fight Mark Hamill. Bluntman and Chronic vs Cocknocker. I never got the other guys font so I dont know what it is like. This was my attempt.

The first movie has two minutes of useable sounds. The hum, clash and swing sounds from the movie were unusable.  So I have made my own!
 The second movie (sucks) it had nothing. I think I might have gotten one boot sound from it.
The cartoon movie (waste of time) had one boot sound and a pretty funny song that I ended up using.
 Long story short, there were not a lot of good sounds for me to use. I had to get creative.  I did my best.
Be gentle with the criticism!?!

The demo video is short and very limited. I was trying to avoid all the swearing in the font. Yes there is a lot of swearing in this font. You have been warned!
 Sound files and a Diamond save are in the link below.  Titled,  "Bluntman and Chronic".
Enjoy your April twentieth!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIb0MQQ044U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIb0MQQ044U</a>

Yes, that is me coughing!

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 02:30:53 AM »

Can't say that I am a big fan of Jay and silent Bob, but nice work none the less.  A spaceballs font would be epic.  Lol

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 02:59:11 AM »

Solid gold my friend! This is hilarious LOL! I am a Jay & Silent Bob fan; been a fan of Kevin Smith / View Askew for years and years.

Nicely done ( :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 03:39:33 AM »

Can't say that I am a big fan of Jay and silent Bob, but nice work none the less.  A spaceballs font would be epic.  Lol

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Someone has already added sound files from SpaceBalls here on the forum! Someone else made two Diamond saves from those sound files and shared them here on the forum too!

I personally didn't like any of the sounds or the Diamond saves. Not trying to be  a jerk. I'm just being honest.  I have already made all my recoderings of Spaceballs. I got side tracked and never finished make a personal Diamond save from my own files. The file folder is still sitting on my desktop waiting for me to finish it up. So I will probably finish that up now that I know someone else might be interested!

Solid gold my friend! This is hilarious LOL! I am a Jay & Silent Bob fan; been a fan of Kevin Smith / View Askew for years and years.

Nicely done ( :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy your Metallica fonts! I'll settle for half as much. I really love your Metallica fonts. Don't ever forget that you were the first person that encourage me to post my fonts! Thank you for that encouragement Dark Path Media! I obviously have a lot of fun making fonts.

Everyone! Please feel free to change the colors and sounds. Make the font your own. That is why I always add the extra sounds I didn't use. Incase someone else wants to use them.

Thanks for commenting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: