Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is a pulse between 3 colors possible?  (Read 4071 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: April 23, 2020, 06:44:31 PM »

All I see in reviews is pulsing between 2 colors, but could I, for example, pulse Red to Green to Blue, then back to Red?
Basically, could I make an epileptic rainbow nightmare saber?

-

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 06:46:12 PM »

The Diamond Controller should be able to do that. Emerald only has a 2-colour pulse.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »

It's been a few years since I've played with the interface, but if I'm not mistaken, no. The Emerald pulse merely transitions between 2 set colors. Timing of the pulse can be set, though.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:45:21 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

If I can only set between 2 colors, what 2 colors might pulse there the rainbow?

For example, if you start with Red and pulse to Blue, theoretically you "cycle" briefly to Banes Heart, Violet Amethyst and Blue Violet Amethyst before getting to blue.

What 2 colors would "cycle" through the most?
Maybe AB to Red? VA to Green?

If I ever get an Emerald saber, I'd totally do that.
Otherwise I think SRD to BVA would look nice, with an Orange FoC

-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 07:58:24 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

If I can only set between 2 colors, what 2 colors might pulse there the rainbow?

For example, if you start with Red and pulse to Blue, theoretically you "cycle" briefly to Banes Heart, Violet Amethyst and Blue Violet Amethyst before getting to blue.

What 2 colors would "cycle" through the most?
Maybe AB to Red? VA to Green?

If I ever get an Emerald saber, I'd totally do that.
Otherwise I think SRD to BVA would look nice, with an Orange FoC

-
None. Think of like a color wheel. The lights are going to the most direct path around. If you mix red and blue, then it will phase from BR - VA - GB. It will avoid all colors that have any green in it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 08:39:21 PM »

None. Think of like a color wheel. The lights are going to the most direct path around. If you mix red and blue, then it will phase from BR - VA - GB. It will avoid all colors that have any green in it.

That's super helpful, thanx.
I guess my question was more of an opinion, like what 2 points on the wheel have the most variety to the eye.

For example, if you start with a Red that has just a bit or orange (Pyrestone) and pulse to a Blue that has a tiny bit of green (Arctic blue) and you slow the pulse speed a bit, shouldn't it go Red - orange - yellow - green - Blue? Then it would pulse back that sequence in reverse?
Technically it's the shorter route than covering all the various pinks purples and dark blues.

You wouldn't get purple at all and the Red and Blue wouldn't be 100% Red or Blue, but you'd get close.
If you did the opposite, going from Blazing Red to Guardian Blue, it would be mostly pinks and purples, which IMO wouldn't look as "full" of a spectrum

I hope that makes sense

-

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 09:02:34 PM »

That's super helpful, thanx.
I guess my question was more of an opinion, like what 2 points on the wheel have the most variety to the eye.

For example, if you start with a Red that has just a bit or orange (Pyrestone) and pulse to a Blue that has a tiny bit of green (Arctic blue) and you slow the pulse speed a bit, shouldn't it go Red - orange - yellow - green - Blue? Then it would pulse back that sequence in reverse?
Technically it's the shorter route than covering all the various pinks purples and dark blues.

You wouldn't get purple at all and the Red and Blue wouldn't be 100% Red or Blue, but you'd get close.
If you did the opposite, going from Blazing Red to Guardian Blue, it would be mostly pinks and purples, which IMO wouldn't look as "full" of a spectrum

I hope that makes sense

-
No that's not how it works. Pulse transitions the color from one color to the middle mixture to the other. So even if you set this:

SY (R+G) -> VA (R+B) = R + (G -> B)

What will happen is that the Red will stay full power the whole time, and then the Green will dim to off and the Blue will fade to full on.

The way the MLS is setup is RGBW/RGBA. You have a 2x2 cluster of single LEDs, and the Emerald driver regulates power to each LED. The sliders you use to tweak the colors are effectively dimmer switches.

Sig by For Tyeth

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 11:02:26 PM »

Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but thanx for trying to explain.

Using your example of SY to VA where Red is on full the whole time but the Green transitions to Blue, would you not briefly see FO then PO as the Green fades then BH as the Blue comes on?
Can you slow the pulse speed with Emerald?

I guess this is a case where I'd need to see the software in action to get it

-

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »

When you open the launcher and go to the Emerald tab, you can do some different colour combinations in the Pulse section. You'll always see what colours are between the two states - they'll not fade through the whole spectrum and creating the rainbow effect you want. Logos explained it before - the colour not present in your combo (let's say Green) will never appear in the transition. This would require a more or less "automatic" increase of power on that LED without any instruction to do so. That's not how it works, and if it would work like that, it directly leads to what everybody fears - AI at it's best, like androids in Star Wars, "I, Robot" and other movies.

The transition will only use mixtures of the colours set in Pulse Mode, but it will never mix in any other colour.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »

Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but thanx for trying to explain.

Using your example of SY to VA where Red is on full the whole time but the Green transitions to Blue, would you not briefly see FO then PO as the Green fades then BH as the Blue comes on?
Can you slow the pulse speed with Emerald?

I guess this is a case where I'd need to see the software in action to get it

-
First off, what Emerald setup do you have.....or want? If you have it, just experiment. FO is simply an Amber LED. Going from SY to VA, Green would fade, and you'd get every combo of max Red + % Green until you had just BR. Then you'd get every combo of max Red + % Blue until you reached VA. If I'm not mistaken, PO is a combo of R+A. It's possible you will get something similar to  from the R+G mix, but won't be dead on. While cycling through Blue. you will also hit BH & HP (I think), but you won't get DVA.

OOOH! New thought. You CAN set pulse to one setting AND set FoC to another. So if you wanted to tap the AV to activate saber lock, you could get something in the B+G area. It's been a while since I've tweaked my Emerald, but I believe FoC only allows you to set 1 color to flash to, and it cycles with the primary color of the Pulse setting.

Sig by For Tyeth

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 05:41:17 PM »

It's been a while since I've tweaked my Emerald, but I believe FoC only allows you to set 1 color to flash to, and it cycles with the primary color of the Pulse setting.

Yes, but not with a visible fade. It will instantly change from the Idle Pulse colour to the FoC colour without hitting the second Pulse colour. So that won't create a rainbow effect either.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »

Yes, but not with a visible fade. It will instantly change from the Idle Pulse colour to the FoC colour without hitting the second Pulse colour. So that won't create a rainbow effect either.
Yeah that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: