Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I have fifth-generation Jedi combat training  (Read 2651 times)
DrVibble
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

All roads are long roads. So make your own destiny

« on: April 28, 2020, 10:27:39 PM »

Hello there, SaberForum.

That title probably sounds absurd, and I'm not even sure if it's true, but here's the story.

I've done a bit of martial arts in the past, jiu-jitsu, fencing and Kendo mainly. I've had to stop in the last couple of years because of on-going back problems (even though I'm young Sad ) but I still have a crazy story about my first fencing teacher.

My brothers and I trained under him for several months when we were living in Turkey. His name was Emir Otkurz, and he ran a small fencing club that he nonetheless was very dedicated to. When we joined the club, one of the first things he told us was that he's a fourth-generation Jedi.

We were amazed and confused, and he explained that one of the students of Bob Anderson (whom you SaberForum members will probably know as the man who oversaw much of the OT's lightsaber combat) went on to train the man who trained him, giving him genuine, fourth-generation Jedi training.

Since he went on to teach my brothers and I for several months, to this day being the man who inspired me to properly get into sword-fighting and lightsaber training, that means I have fifth-generation training from as close to an actual Jedi Master as you can get.

Like I said before, I don't know if this story is even true, but anyhow, it's pretty cool.

To walk the line between light and dark is not balance, but compromise.

To control the dark side is to be above its control over you, to be above anger, aggression, greed. To confront and master your fear.

True balance is found in virtue, belief, and control. With these, a Jedi can do anything.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: