Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond mute setting producing slight pitched noice.  (Read 2731 times)
perkypatx
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

Life is good!

« on: April 29, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »

Hello diamond controller experts.
I have a question regarding the diamond controller. I never really noticed until now that when using the mute font, the speaker produce a very quite but noticeable high pitched noice.
I’m wondering if this normal. Hope you can shed a light on this.

“I know...”

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 02:26:15 AM »

Hello diamond controller experts.
I have a question regarding the diamond controller. I never really noticed until now that when using the mute font, the speaker produce a very quite but noticeable high pitched noice.
I’m wondering if this normal. Hope you can shed a light on this.

Yes it is normal. I always hear the speaker feed back sound unless I use the editing program to turn down the individual sliders for each sound in the font. The mute font is the most noticeable. Even though there is no sound playing, the volume is turned on and the speaker will make feedback noise. So if you have no sounds loaded, like with the mute font, you might as well turn down the the sliders for the volume too.   Even with that done I still here a little noise from my speaker.
 The only way to make it dead silent is to use the on board "volume adjustment menu".  Hold the power button and trigger flash on clash twice. The blade will go dark. Tilt the blade up to increase volume. Tilt the blade down to lower or mute the volume.  Press the button again to exit the volume adjustment menu.
 I hope that helps a little bit at least.

perkypatx
Knight Officer

Life is good!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »

Yes it is normal. I always hear the speaker feed back sound unless I use the editing program to turn down the individual sliders for each sound in the font. The mute font is the most noticeable. Even though there is no sound playing, the volume is turned on and the speaker will make feedback noise. So if you have no sounds loaded, like with the mute font, you might as well turn down the the sliders for the volume too.   Even with that done I still here a little noise from my speaker.
 The only way to make it dead silent is to use the on board "volume adjustment menu".  Hold the power button and trigger flash on clash twice. The blade will go dark. Tilt the blade up to increase volume. Tilt the blade down to lower or mute the volume.  Press the button again to exit the volume adjustment menu.
 I hope that helps a little bit at least.

Hi Kaiser!
Thanks for the explanation and advice. I was a bit worried at first. Have been having issues with the diamond controller. And suddenly started noticing this gig pitched noise. My Manticore with obsidian v4 is super quiet so.
When you are saying turning the individual sliders, I assume in the diamond controller computer application?
Thanks again!

“I know...”

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »

Hi Kaiser!
Thanks for the explanation and advice. I was a bit worried at first. Have been having issues with the diamond controller. And suddenly started noticing this gig pitched noise. My Manticore with obsidian v4 is super quiet so.
When you are saying turning the individual sliders, I assume in the diamond controller computer application?
Thanks again!

Yes.  Turn down the sliders using the Ultrasabers editing program. Specifically the diamond board portion of the editor.  For each effect that you can add a sound to, you can also turn down the volume for that sound. You have to go through a font and turn down each sounds volume individually. It takes a little time but is a good thing to know how to do. The hum sound of a font will usually need a little adjustment to better match the volume of other sounds in the font. You could take a bunch of time and edit the sound with Audacity or take a second of time and adjust the slider.

perkypatx
Knight Officer

Life is good!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:36:42 PM »

Yes.  Turn down the sliders using the Ultrasabers editing program. Specifically the diamond board portion of the editor.  For each effect that you can add a sound to, you can also turn down the volume for that sound. You have to go through a font and turn down each sounds volume individually. It takes a little time but is a good thing to know how to do. The hum sound of a font will usually need a little adjustment to better match the volume of other sounds in the font. You could take a bunch of time and edit the sound with Audacity or take a second of time and adjust the slider.

Thanks Kaiser! You’re the best!
I love editing and customization on the diamond. Still a noob but getting better everyday!

“I know...”

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »

This.  This is awesome, and why you totally deserve recognition Kaiser. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 10:17:33 PM »

I also noticed the high pitched noise when my sound and light sequences aren't matched (ie, if the sound plays for 4.2 seconds, but the last light change -dot- is at the 4.3 second or 4.1 second mark... there'll be a high pitched noise... especially if I get really off sync... but that was in advance mode

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 07:24:16 PM »

I made my own mute font and it eliminated the noise.  Dont know why.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: