Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ASSASSIN'S CREED: VALHALLA - OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 6600 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: April 30, 2020, 03:21:10 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEqN-2zkjE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEqN-2zkjE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:07:18 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »

I might have to play this one. I still need to play Odyssey, but this is definitely on the list now.

I also need to play the rest of the AC games. I've played III and some of Unity, but I need to play them all.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 11:09:33 PM »

I've been waiting on this since it was announced, can't wait!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:00:59 PM »

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 06:20:12 AM »

I've been a huge fan since the first game, and even have a tat of the logo. That said, I kind of wish they'd drop the "Assassin's Creed" part. Odyssey was really fun, but *MILD SPOILERS* the fantasy/mythology element, and lack of any "Assassin" stuff, and I find myself thinking that it should have just been "The Odyssey", and been an action/rpg title separate from the AC franchise.

I'm stoked for this one as well...beyond stoked...but I'm starting to doubt that it will feel like an "Assassin's Creed" game. And that isn't a bad thing...Origins and Odyssey both show that maybe it's time they let AC rest, and instead just focus on historically based fantasy action/rpgs.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come across as a downer. I just think that the current games could possibly stand on their own as something new, and needn't rely on the AC branding.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »

I've been a huge fan since the first game, and even have a tat of the logo. That said, I kind of wish they'd drop the "Assassin's Creed" part. Odyssey was really fun, but *MILD SPOILERS* the fantasy/mythology element, and lack of any "Assassin" stuff, and I find myself thinking that it should have just been "The Odyssey", and been an action/rpg title separate from the AC franchise.

I'm stoked for this one as well...beyond stoked...but I'm starting to doubt that it will feel like an "Assassin's Creed" game. And that isn't a bad thing...Origins and Odyssey both show that maybe it's time they let AC rest, and instead just focus on historically based fantasy action/rpgs.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come across as a downer. I just think that the current games could possibly stand on their own as something new, and needn't rely on the AC branding.

You're very right.  I have never been a huge fan of the AC games because they played a little loose and fast with some history I hold dear.  Plus AC itself started off as a New Prince of Persia game (hence the parkour) but starting (I feel) with Black Flag they began just slapping AC on games in dev.  Playing through Black Flag I would forget it was an AC game until some aspect of it stuck out.  Honestly, Black Flag was the pirate game I've always wanted...I spent hours sailing, fishing for sharks and attacking British Ships.  I haven't played Odyssey but you statement is one I have heard before.  That it was more Greek Fantasy game than AC.  Valhalla looks appealing and I think (at this time) could stand on its own as a Viking Game without the AC title....even if the Historian in me was cringing at almost every scene Tongue

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 02:20:37 AM »

You're very right.  I have never been a huge fan of the AC games because they played a little loose and fast with some history I hold dear.  Plus AC itself started off as a New Prince of Persia game (hence the parkour) but starting (I feel) with Black Flag they began just slapping AC on games in dev.  Playing through Black Flag I would forget it was an AC game until some aspect of it stuck out.  Honestly, Black Flag was the pirate game I've always wanted...I spent hours sailing, fishing for sharks and attacking British Ships.  I haven't played Odyssey but you statement is one I have heard before.  That it was more Greek Fantasy game than AC.  Valhalla looks appealing and I think (at this time) could stand on its own as a Viking Game without the AC title....even if the Historian in me was cringing at almost every scene Tongue

Yeah, no doubt. AC's history has always been shaky, but they really departed from trying for any legitimate accuracy after 3. I sell video games, and I always tell people that Black Flag is a mediocre Assassin's Creed game, but a STELLAR pirate game. Like you, I spent so much time sailing, fishing, singing along to shanties...it was the pirate game I'd always wanted. I've noticed since then that dive into mythology/fantasy has gotten deeper and deeper. It's a fine direction, and could likely benefit from losing the restrictions that being an AC game places on it

As far as Valhalla, I'm far more versed in Norse mythology than I am in actual Viking history, but I can't imagine that this game will be even remotely accurate. I'm just hoping for a solid nordic jaunt, pretty scenery, and combat that feels solid.

My only other concern, and it's a mild one, is that with the dive into mythology for the series, and Valhalla likely being no different from that direction, that the game will feel too close to God of War (2018). That game already presented Norse mythology in an excellent way. Hopefully Valhalla can find it's own identity.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: