Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace  (Read 4505 times)
Crystal_Ninja
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 05, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »

I'm going to be totally honest right now: I am an ENORMOUS fan of Star Wars. Especially the prequels. My favorite was The Phantom Menace. When I first watched it, I was like, "Oh, my god. This is so frickin' awesome!" The lightsaber battles were super intense and you never knew what's going to happen next. And I'm going to admit, I cried when (SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT YET!) Qui-Gon Jinn was killed by Darth Maul. It was killing me because he (Qui-Gon) was my all-time favorite Jedi (besides Obi-Wan Kenobi). When I saw how upset he was, I legit cried for poor Obi-Wan. I felt so bad for him. I know how it feels when you lose someone you love. And I'm being totally honest again, I have a MAJOR crush on Obi-Wan.

May the Force be with you all!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:57:10 PM »

I'm going to be totally honest right now: I am an ENORMOUS fan of Star Wars. Especially the prequels. My favorite was The Phantom Menace. When I first watched it, I was like, "Oh, my god. This is so frickin' awesome!" The lightsaber battles were super intense and you never knew what's going to happen next. And I'm going to admit, I cried when (SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT YET!) Qui-Gon Jinn was killed by Darth Maul. It was killing me because he (Qui-Gon) was my all-time favorite Jedi (besides Obi-Wan Kenobi). When I saw how upset he was, I legit cried for poor Obi-Wan. I felt so bad for him. I know how it feels when you lose someone you love. And I'm being totally honest again, I have a MAJOR crush on Obi-Wan.

Cool stuff ninja, did you have the opportunity to grow up with the Prequels? I saw Ep. 1 in theaters when I was 9 years old and it always gave me a favorable gaze towards the Prequel trilogy.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »

I really like TPM too ...

I know that people think about it but ...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTg6hg1miFg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTg6hg1miFg</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod

.... What else? (c)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:33:55 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 05:34:35 PM »

I like the Phantom Menace, watched it for Star Wars Day along with Ep. 2 and 3

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 06:10:48 PM »

TPM might not be my favorite, but its still got some good stuff in it. Still think it was William's best score outside of ANH

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 06:58:17 PM »

PODRACING! That is all.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »

TPM is my personal favorite Star Wars movie.  It's a guilty pleasure. 

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 07:16:09 PM »

Being a Darth Maul fan obviously TPM has to be in my Top 5 of the 9

In the Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 w/ Consular Green
Dominix LE V2 w/ Blazing Red
Dark Menace w/ Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Chosen One SE w/ Tri Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Graflex SE w/ Tri Consular Green w/ Obsidian V4
Bellicose w/ Obsidian V3 & Emerald 2 Channel Driver (1st Place Raffle Prize)
Archon 3.1 w/ Tri Fire Orange w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate V5 w/ Tri Guardian Blue w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate LE V4 w/ Fire Orange

Luke Moonwalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 06:04:26 AM »

I always liked the phantom menace. I didn’t even mind Jar Jar all that much.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 06:27:18 AM »

Amidst the admittedly many missteps that plagued the PT, there are several saving graces as well: first and foremost is the fact that much of the focus is on my favorite Jedi, Obi-Wan (and Ewan McGregor is absolutely awesome in the role; REALLY looking forward to his tv series coming up on Disney +).  Next is the bad@$$ that we were introduced to in TPM: Darth Maul.  He could've remained a one-note character but I think that TCW (and later, Rebels) fleshed him out for the better (and Sam Witwer is fantastic, not only giving him a haunting, hunted voice but also expanding on a compelling villain).  Again, admittedly the fight between Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-gon brought me back to my childhood with a fantastic duel.  Speaking of which...

Still think it was William's best score outside of ANH
I couldn't agree more; "Dual of the Fates" is still one of my favorite "epic song" pieces that I love to listen to.

There are many critiques that I have with TPM but it gave us all some fantastic elements that contributed to the overall SW universe that I'm proud to say that I am still a fan of  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Luke Moonwalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »

Amidst the admittedly many missteps that plagued the PT, there are several saving graces as well: first and foremost is the fact that much of the focus is on my favorite Jedi, Obi-Wan (and Ewan McGregor is absolutely awesome in the role; REALLY looking forward to his tv series coming up on Disney +).  Next is the bad@$$ that we were introduced to in TPM: Darth Maul.  He could've remained a one-note character but I think that TCW (and later, Rebels) fleshed him out for the better (and Sam Witwer is fantastic, not only giving him a haunting, hunted voice but also expanding on a compelling villain).  Again, admittedly the fight between Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-gon brought me back to my childhood with a fantastic duel.  Speaking of which...
I couldn't agree more; "Dual of the Fates" is still one of my favorite "epic song" pieces that I love to listen to.

There are many critiques that I have with TPM but it gave us all some fantastic elements that contributed to the overall SW universe that I'm proud to say that I am still a fan of  Smiley

An Obi-Wan tv series?

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 10:13:40 AM »

Oh yes ...

It is like "Conan the Barbarian", "the last of the Mohican" or the "Ecstasy of gold" in the "The Good, the bad and the ugly" ....

Ah, and there is also the "Agnus Dei" from Barber in the OST of "Platoon"

And to me, "Duel of the Fates" is the same level of perfection ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »

TPM is my personal favorite Star Wars movie.  It's a guilty pleasure. 

I don't blame you, it's my favorite of the prequel trilogy as well

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 01:13:47 PM »

An Obi-Wan tv series?
In development  Smiley

Here's a link with a bit of information:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Untitled_Obi-Wan_Kenobi_television_series

Oh yes ...

It is like "Conan the Barbarian", "the last of the Mohican" or the "Ecstasy of gold" in the "The Good, the bad and the ugly" ....

Ah, and there is also the "Agnus Dei" from Barber in the OST of "Platoon"

And to me, "Duel of the Fates" is the same level of perfection ....

Great music choices, Seb!

I am also partial to "Requiem For A Tower" (which is "Lux Aeterna" with the epicness dialed up to 11  Wink)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »

In development  Smiley

Here's a link with a bit of information:
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Untitled_Obi-Wan_Kenobi_television_series
And if it is done as well and the Mandalorian, we are all in for a treat.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: