Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problems with Diamond Controller (probably between keyboard and chair)  (Read 2010 times)
Starsaber_222
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 12, 2020, 02:54:53 AM »

I got my first two Diamond sabers a few weeks ago and I like them, just a couple problems.

1)  They aren't recognized by the Launcher when I plug them in.  I have tried with the cables that came with both of them (and different USB ports on the computer), but I don't get any indication that the computer recognizes that they're plugged in.  I also tried connecting with them powered on/off and connecting before/after opening the UltraSabers Launcher.

2)  I can't switch sound fonts through the on-board menu.  The manual says to do a stab motion with the switch (both have AV switches) pressed.  I can consistently get the Stab sound effect, but then when I release the switch, it goes into the lockup sound until I press it again (or power off if I hold the switch for too long).  Is there a trick of how far down to press the button or something to get it into that menu?  I get the same result with both sabers for this as well.

Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 06:00:32 AM »

1) So both of them aren't recognized? Are you using Win 10? Well, I only can say what I have done. First I have installed the last launcher and started it. The I have activated my saber and connected it with my PC using the microUSB cord of my Kindle.
The the driver was installed by Windows 10. After finished I had to re-connect the saber. Then it was recognized by the launcher (saber sound was going off) and the laucher gave me the option to update my saber firmware. Done. Then I had to re-connect the saber again and the launcher has switched to the diamond tab itself.

2) I had some issues to find the right moves too at first. But now it works good, I think.
When the saber is on, press and hold the power button, then make a stab (it's the same move you can make without pressing the power button to activate the force push effect, I think). Then release the power button. The saber should switch the sound off and talk to you what soundfont is active. Now you can rotate the hilt (counter)clockwise. After rotating the font will switch and the name of the new font will be spoken. With a push of the power button you can activate the selected soundfont.

The Fallen: Diamond RGBW, White Illuminated Black AV Switch, 36"
Spectre with Engraving: Obsidian V4, BVA / FoC MLS, 36"
The Butcher Staff: TA Silver + Color Discs + Quick Release Coupler, 2x32"
Aeon LE V5: Stunt, GB, 36"
Dark Initiate V5: Stunt, BR, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 24"
Initiate V4: Stunt, BR, Windows,, 24"
The Dominix V2: Stunt, CG, 32"
Initiate V2: Stunt, GB, 24"

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 10:14:14 PM »

I got my first two Diamond sabers a few weeks ago and I like them, just a couple problems.

1)  They aren't recognized by the Launcher when I plug them in.  I have tried with the cables that came with both of them (and different USB ports on the computer), but I don't get any indication that the computer recognizes that they're plugged in.  I also tried connecting with them powered on/off and connecting before/after opening the UltraSabers Launcher.

2)  I can't switch sound fonts through the on-board menu.  The manual says to do a stab motion with the switch (both have AV switches) pressed.  I can consistently get the Stab sound effect, but then when I release the switch, it goes into the lockup sound until I press it again (or power off if I hold the switch for too long).  Is there a trick of how far down to press the button or something to get it into that menu?  I get the same result with both sabers for this as well.

Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

For what it's worth, have you tried other cables?  I didn't order cables with my two diamond sabers but was able to use my Kindle USB cables.  I did have one finicky USB port, but luckily, my PC has 3 that I could try... seems like the USB3.0 port is a little touchy compared to the USB2.0 ports.

One caveat when changing fonts in advance mode: the only way to test a font is by uploading it to the saber... a bad soundfont (I was trying to make) killed one of my diamond sabers when I uploaded it for testing...  as well, stay under 20 points of LED changes to be safe, the software doesn't seem to catch those and could cause a glitch if you leave the bad point in.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

emorejmailliw
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 03:15:40 AM »

I’m having the same problem as you are.. did you figure it out??

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: