Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Death Star Plans - Replica Review  (Read 755 times)
TheReliquary
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 13, 2020, 12:59:21 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UCxo8StG-w&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UCxo8StG-w&amp;feature=share</a>

Video number 2 is now up! Could use some feedback!

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 06:39:36 PM »

I watched both Ep1 and Ep2

I think you're funny and present well.

It's well edited and the cuts are fun.

On Ep1, I do think you should have reshot your comment about Daisy Ridley, since you didn't say what you meant and it feeds trolls.

Film is cheap nowadays.  Do another take.

Also, try to cut down on repetition.  I felt like a couple times you repeated points (and not just the summary at the end).

For your outro, you may want to include links/printed information on where to get the product you reviewed. 

I liked the scurry effect of both episodes to get the thing in the mail (given your subject it's a great gimick). But, a tip I saw on making standard intro videos, is first cut straight to what the subject is (ex. "This week, I review the Death Star plans" then cut to standard intro video w/ music and then your proper video starts (in the fashion you are doing).

Watch your use of licensed footage, Lucasfilm may crack down on you.  Also remember, Youtube has a library of free music for use in videos.

I don't watch (or follow) a lot of youtube videos, but I did click the Subscribe button.

--
separate feedback on the Ultra Sabers itself:
US doesn't have licensing with Lucasfilm.  So none of their sabers will be screen accurate.  That's one reason the Guardian may be bigger.

You may also want to consider non-UltraEdge blades on primary colors (Red, Green, Blue) per something Deep posted on blades on this forum (it's a stickied post).  UE tends to work better on secondary colors (ex: red+blue=purple).  UE is cutting down how much light goes up the blade, but brings the color to the edge.  That'll affect brightness and dispersion, which you talked about.

As to weight, I consider the Savior, which my wife has, to be the lightest US saber I've held (and I go to a sparring club where most of the sabers are US). I've got the Grand Master (the second heaviest hilt I've held) and it is a brick compared to the feather that is the Savior.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: