Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: how to turn off pulse mode on my Diamond saber  (Read 2615 times)
kazman72
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: May 14, 2020, 12:51:20 AM »

I recently got a Guardian saber with the Diamond controller and I ordered it with the pulse enabled, I now want to turn off the pulse feature, when I open the launcher and click on the Emerald LED driver tab on the top and then uncheck the pulse box, the write to board button on the left side of the launcher window is greyed out it won't let you click on it to save any changes I don't know why I'm using the right cable, it's doing this on 2 different computers running different versions of windows 8.1 and 10, I have emailed ultrasaber about the issue and tried calling them at least 20 times and I get no answer at all, is this normal for Diamond sabers?? can you turn off the pulse mode on Diamond sabers or is that just the way they are?

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »

You have a diamond saber?  Then use the diamond part of the editing program!

Obsidian part of the program edits V3 and V4 sound boards.
Emerald part of the program is for editing the emerald led board.
Diamond part of the program is for diamond boards. It does sound and led colors. So plug in your saber and go to the diamond portion of the editing program.  Use the advanced editor and select the font you want to edit. You will then want to go to hum/idle. Open up the led portion, and ignore the sound portion.
 The main color of the blade will be displayed by the colored lines.  If the blade flickers it is because the color dips or increases from a set brightness.  You just want a straight line which will translate to steady brightness.

Select the dot on the color line in question, that is lower or higher then the base brightness.  Then delete that dot and the line should be straight.  Or click on the color box on the left to remove and add that color. Click once to remove that color. Click it a second time to re add it. Then rise that color line to the brightness level that it was originally at.

It sounds complicated but is really easy to do. I hope that helps out a little.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 03:28:45 AM »

I was just thinking about this and... Ultrasabers doesn't usually add a flicker affect to any of their included fonts.  You were talking about a pulse effect not a flicker.
 Pulse is the blade transitioning between two colors. Flicker is the blades brightness changing back and forth quickly.
 Either way use the diamond part of the editing program.  Make sure your batteries are full charged first!
And an FYI, your blade will flicker when the batteries get low.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 03:59:47 AM »

if I screw something up can I restore factory defaults? will that remove all the fonts and colors they shipped my saber with or will it put it back to the way they shipped it to me?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 04:38:12 AM »

Factory reset will erase the one font Ultrasabers created for you.
You will lose your color choices.

All the other fonts will be the same.

So if you are worried about that one font, save it! Select that font in the diamond editor. Then select the write to font option on the left side of the screen. On that page, change the font name to something new/different, then hit the button to save font. The program will store the save in it's internal files. I save twice. The second time to a sound file on my desktop. It is easier for me to move files from computer to computer that way. If you only plan to use one computer, make two saves anyway.  Just to be safe!

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 05:50:00 AM »

I'm trying to get my flash on clash color back it was orange with a blue blade I can't seem to figure out how to get the orange now.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:41 AM »

In the editing program, go to clash. Select edit effect. Open the led sequence up. You want red at full illumination and green at 1/3 illumination. Green can be increased or decreased to your liking to get your preferred orange.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 06:54:07 AM »

when you say editing program which part exactly? do you mean the diamond express font wizard? the page that has the picture of the diamond and each section has its own option for colors?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 07:03:11 AM »

I was referring to the advanced editor.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 07:12:56 AM »

ok what line would it be the power led  or the Accent 1 line to make the color change for the clash? sorry I'm really new at this.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »

so once I get the color where I like it I just hit write to board right?

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »

Ignore the accent for now. That's for an illuminated switch or other DIY features you can include in your saber. Accents have nothing to do with the LED for the blade. When you have the color the way you want, you can either click 'write to board', or 'apply to font' if you're making multiple effect changes at once. When you've got all your light effects the way you want, then you can click write to board. Make sure you save a finished copy or save progress as you go, like KS said. You could spend hours changing things and then forget to save, not write it to the board, and lose a lot of time and energy.

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »

In the editing program, go to clash. Select edit effect. Open the led sequence up. You want red at full illumination and green at 1/3 illumination. Green can be increased or decreased to your liking to get your preferred orange.

I didn't know about this one

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: