Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Illuminated AV switch problem  (Read 4882 times)
kazman72
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« on: May 15, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »

I need some help figuring out how to turn back on my illuminated av switch, which font would it be under and Accent number would it be on my Diamond saber.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 10:21:47 PM »

I need some help figuring out how to turn back on my illuminated av switch, which font would it be under and Accent number would it be on my Diamond saber.

If the battery monitoring feature is turned on, the button will only appear illuminated if the batteries are dying.  If the batteries are full the illuminated switch should be dark.

If you are not using the battery monitoring feature, then the switch can be turned on or off for every individual effect in a font.

So as an example,  font number 1. Let's say it is episode 1. You can have the button on for the boot sound. Then have it off for the idle hum.  On for the swing and off for the clash.
There is no one option to just have it on. You have to go into the advanced editor and turn the switch on, or off, for every single effect in a font. It sounds complicated but it really isn't.  I believe accent 1 is the correct one to activate,  if you just want the switch illuminated.

If you keep having problems with it, let me know! I'll make a quick video for you showing how I accomplish it. I'm not the best at explaining it in great detail, and a picture is worth a thousand words.  A video more so. So let me know if you need additional help!

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:58 PM »

The problem is I知 not completely sure if I somehow disabled it by accident or if the led in the switch went out? The saber is only 2 weeks old, it happened last night sometime when I was fiddling with it, unfortunately I won稚 be home until later tonight west coast time.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:52:50 PM »

The problem is I知 not completely sure if I somehow disabled it by accident or if the led in the switch went out? The saber is only 2 weeks old, it happened last night sometime when I was fiddling with it, unfortunately I won稚 be home until later tonight west coast time.

No worries! I'm an insomniac and I live in Cali! When you get home, if you're having trouble,  send me a message.  I'll get back online and help you out some more. In the meantime, have a good afternoon!

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 11:01:08 PM »

Ok I知 in southern cal, the switch is off for all of the pre installed modes as in ancient saber and episode 1 all of them, the switch itself works just no illumination at all.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 11:20:01 PM »

Ok I知 in southern cal, the switch is off for all of the pre installed modes as in ancient saber and episode 1 all of them, the switch itself works just no illumination at all.

The best way to figure it out,  is to look at the setup in the editing program.  That way you can see for sure that it is turned on and then immediately test it, to see if it is indeed working.

I really doubt you did anything to break it! All the power is run through the board and the voltage to the switch is also controlled by the board. If I "wanted" to break my switch, I'm  not sure that I could. Only too high a voltage going through the switch would burn out it's led. We dont have the option to change that voltage, so I dont see how you personal could have broken it.
 Dont get me wrong. It could very well be broken. But I would sooner put my money on fault switch, then something you might have done.
 So I would just assume it is turned off.  Nothing to worry about and easy enough to fix!

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 11:24:23 PM »

Ok I hope so, I知 still learning this stuff.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 05:48:50 AM »

ok I'm back online.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »

Sorry, my over head light kind of washed out the screen. Hopefully it is clear enough for you to see.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-w2yTObTg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-w2yTObTg</a>

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 08:44:53 AM »

I tried those settings and it still won't light up, this is really frustrating this stupid thing is brand new.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »

If you turned it on, have the line at the top for full illumination, saved it correctly and it still will not work... then your switch might be faulty.  I would try contacting Ultrasabers for a repair. If it is only two weeks old then it is definitely covered by their warranty.
 Sorry that happened to you. Super frustrating I'm sure. Ultrasabers is really good with repair work.  They fixed a couple of my sabers that I messed up. I was transferring boards from one hilt to another and messed up the led. They never even gave me grief about it. Definitely contact them about the problem.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 09:06:14 AM »

I have tried to contact them, they don't answer their phone and I have never received one single reply to any of my emails that I have sent them, unless you have a magic way of contacting them?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 09:13:01 AM »

I have tried to contact them, they don't answer their phone and I have never received one single reply to any of my emails that I have sent them, unless you have a magic way of contacting them?

I do not! Sorry again.  I personally,  would send an email to the customer service email address.  If I did not hear back, I would resend the email every other day. Stay patient but persistent!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »

Question for you. Is the fourth accent switch on? If you have the fourth accent (battery monitor) on, you can not turn on or control the illuminated switch. Make sure the fourth accent is off!
 If it is on, turn it off, then try to turn on and test accent 1 again.

kazman72
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »

ok I will try that, if it's turned off will the battery symbol still show in the 4th line?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: