Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: EU Lore Question  (Read 2881 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« on: May 15, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »

Hey all, for some writing purposes I was looking into the founding of the Sith Inquisitors. Not to be confused with the Imperial Inquisitorius but rather the Sith Inquisition of Old Republic era - does anyone know when or how that faction was founded? I cant seem to find anything on it nor do I remember any details from the games/books I've myself read. Help would be deeply appreciated.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:19:53 PM »

Wookiepedia has some good stuff on it, but I assume you already glanced through all that. I will say though that Wookiepedia is popular enough and accurate enough that I would feel comfortable saying that if it isn't in there then you can probably bet it doesn't exist yet.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 02:11:57 AM »

This is one of those times where there is more of a real world explanation than an in Universe one.  The Inquisitors were created so that players of SWTOR had a ranged Force User option.  In Universe all that is really said is that when Vitiate founded the Reconstituted Sith Empire he created the Inquisitors (with Sorcerer and Assassin being specializations) merely as another Branch in his forces.  Beyond that there isn't really much else.  So your imagination can run wild with it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 03:17:07 AM »

This is one of those times where there is more of a real world explanation than an in Universe one.  The Inquisitors were created so that players of SWTOR had a ranged Force User option.  In Universe all that is really said is that when Vitiate founded the Reconstituted Sith Empire he created the Inquisitors (with Sorcerer and Assassin being specializations) merely as another Branch in his forces.  Beyond that there isn't really much else.  So your imagination can run wild with it.
Excellent - thanks for the insight! This is what I had though but I wanted to make extra sure I hadn’t missed anything from books or other sources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 03:42:59 AM »

This oh so much^^

And I know the feeling, PS: when I'm researching for my writing I've run into the same problem on a few occasions.  Really your best option is to create something that COULD be supported by canon but works within your narrative for what you need.

Also: maybe in your story, Inquisitors specialized in secret with...whatever you want to write about  Wink   Canon can be incredible for necessary creativity...but don't let it get in the way of a good story (to wit: I took some liberties with the New Sith Wars and details surrounding the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Battles of Ruusan but I think that such enriches the narrative  Smiley).

Looking forward to reading what you come up with!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 12:36:17 AM »

This oh so much^^

And I know the feeling, PS: when I'm researching for my writing I've run into the same problem on a few occasions.  Really your best option is to create something that COULD be supported by canon but works within your narrative for what you need.

Also: maybe in your story, Inquisitors specialized in secret with...whatever you want to write about  Wink   Canon can be incredible for necessary creativity...but don't let it get in the way of a good story (to wit: I took some liberties with the New Sith Wars and details surrounding the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Battles of Ruusan but I think that such enriches the narrative  Smiley).

Looking forward to reading what you come up with!

Agree totally, there are lots of empty patches, just think Yoda is 900 years old he had about 800 years of life we don't know what happened in. Basically fill it in with whatever you like, so long as it doesn't overtly contradict anything in the EU canon.  over millennia there are hundreds of thousands of beings forming secret societies, planets out of view of the republic, conflicts forgotten, entire civilizations rising and falling that no one notices (E.g. Darth Vectivus and Darth Lumiya Bimmiel asteroid of mynock dark side force users which is canon but goes to show you can chuck in lots of forgotten histories)

You can even take liberties with dates etc. as record keeping etc. is not precise.

In this case I imagine it was just a branch of the Sith Empire at the time, no doubt with its own political machinations in conflict with other branches within the Empire.

Canon in a sense offers the out line, you can fill in the colour, just keep between the lines basically.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 02:04:44 AM »

Wookiepedia has some good stuff on it, but I assume you already glanced through all that. I will say though that Wookiepedia is popular enough and accurate enough that I would feel comfortable saying that if it isn't in there then you can probably bet it doesn't exist yet.

I love this, it doesn't exist (or you labeled it forbidden knowledge, secreted it away, and buried it beneath the temple instead of housing it in the archives)! Can't have our little Padawan's going all Dark Side can we? Like that doesn't happen in handfuls or boatloads each generation anyway. Ironically seeing her reminds me of Atris. Oh how I love/hate her. I don't know if my persona would want to kill or marry her, maybe both in the proper order? Went off topic, but great Q&A from y'all here.
Also I love the image of the Padawan in the background looking like, "I've heard her same speech every time I ask a question outside the 'collective knowledge here' and even I'm ready to call BS like the Master Jedi sitting there."

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 02:41:56 AM »

I love this, it doesn't exist (or you labeled it forbidden knowledge, secreted it away, and buried it beneath the temple instead of housing it in the archives)! Can't have our little Padawan's going all Dark Side can we? Like that doesn't happen in handfuls or boatloads each generation anyway. Ironically seeing her reminds me of Atris. Oh how I love/hate her. I don't know if my persona would want to kill or marry her, maybe both in the proper order? Went off topic, but great Q&A from y'all here.
Also I love the image of the Padawan in the background looking like, "I've heard her same speech every time I ask a question outside the 'collective knowledge here' and even I'm ready to call BS like the Master Jedi sitting there."

Fun Fact:  That Padawan is in fact Jet Lucas...George's son.  He would again appear in Ep. III as the young Jedi killed in front of Bail Organa.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 04:34:03 AM »

Fun Fact:  That Padawan is in fact Jet Lucas...George's son.  He would again appear in Ep. III as the young Jedi killed in front of Bail Organa.
Suddenly my observation makes so much more sense, thank you for the fun fact.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: