Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: SPRING GIVEAWAY 2020!!! Who else is in for the FOUR FREE SABERS!?!?  (Read 7068 times)
Phrozt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »

I don't get why they're pushing all these giveaways and stuff if they're over a month behind on getting existing orders done.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 07:46:10 PM »

I don't get why they're pushing all these giveaways and stuff if they're over a month behind on getting existing orders done.

#1) Because customers love it.

#2) Because its a BUSINESS and SALES are a good thing.  

You think they should stop taking orders and promoting their business and making customers happy until they're all caught up on current orders?  That wouldbe a horrible business decision.  What they SHOULD do is adjust their advertised lead time to be pessimistic rather than optimistic.  Make it 6-8 weeks rather than 3-4.  6-8 is still better than every other major saber company.

Also, this order only took 14 days to fulfill.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2020, 07:58:22 PM »

THE FIRST SPRING GIVEAWAY ORDER IS IN!!!

Here's the video:
https://youtu.be/-zErQ7IPq54

And a group photo with the Spring Raffle Prize Renegade LE!

As you can see in this order I got the DARK MANTIS in Hot Pink, the DORINIAN with Diamond Controller, a $75 Mystery Box with SOUND which is a STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABER, an APPRENTICE LE V4, an AEON LE V2, an AEON V5, and a KILLER AZURE FRANKENSABER!

But I have some questions for you guys...

This Apprentice LE V4... is this a normal color?  I've never seen this copper-toned LE before.  LE is usually like this LE Aeon for comparison:

And this finish on the Aeon V5... has anyone seen this before?  Is this a usual thing?  Factory "weathering"?

And lastly, this "Mystery Neck" on the Frankensaber... What saber is this from???

THANK YOU for any info on my queries....

When it comes to mystery boxes or grab bags you can get a hilt with a flaw. That could be an anodizing flaw or issue with the hilt.  Your light color looks like a color error. I received a dark libby with an error ( it's more plum then black) but it makes it unique. Looks like you have a couple finish flaws. Really nice in my book.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »

When it comes to mystery boxes or grab bags you can get a hilt with a flaw. That could be an anodizing flaw or issue with the hilt.  Your light color looks like a color error. I received a dark libby with an error ( it's more plum then black) but it makes it unique. Looks like you have a couple finish flaws. Really nice in my book.

The color variation in LE sabers is nothing more nor less than differences in the batches of anodizing. It is completely within the normal range of color differences, and is not a flaw; it’s just life in a vat of electrically-charged chemicals.  I have both of those finish hues on different parts of a single Frankensaber.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Treva
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 11:56:46 PM »

What is the point when you don't receive your purchase and correspondence is little to nothing. Can't even call, they just tell you to email them as it is best way to reach them. in a month I have received 2 emails, neither answered my questions sufficiently. One question got half answered but still had to clarify. Have yet to receive any clarity. It's been a month and my order is still processing. ETA when I ordered was a few days as everything I ordered was in stock. Anything ordered that was out of stock was a 3-4 week restock time. Made sure to steer clear of them. Still been over a month with no idea on an ETA. Good thing I ordered 2 1/2 months before my Son's Birthday..... Hopefully they will be here in time.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »

What is the point when you don't receive your purchase and correspondence is little to nothing. Can't even call, they just tell you to email them as it is best way to reach them. in a month I have received 2 emails, neither answered my questions sufficiently. One question got half answered but still had to clarify. Have yet to receive any clarity. It's been a month and my order is still processing. ETA when I ordered was a few days as everything I ordered was in stock. Anything ordered that was out of stock was a 3-4 week restock time. Made sure to steer clear of them. Still been over a month with no idea on an ETA. Good thing I ordered 2 1/2 months before my Son's Birthday..... Hopefully they will be here in time.

Thats amazing... every word of what you just said... was wrong.  Grin Wink

Having the items "in stock" does NOT mean that your "ETA was a few days".  The 3-4 LEAD TIME is the minimum amount of time it will take to process your order, that is not the "restock time".  The restock time is 21 weeks.  That 3-4 LEAD TIME pretty much applies to every order, and to be honest, 3-4 weeks is VERY optimistic with a few lucky exceptions.  A month wait is nothing unusual.  I have orders that I placed back in the first week of April, and I'm just being patient because I know I'll eventually get them.
It seems like you've got the wrong idea of how this industry operates, and unfortunately that's not how it works.  This isn't Amazon Prime.
Just be patient and one day you'll get a happy email with your shipping notification.  Dont flood them with emails, its NOT going to help, trust me.  No clarification is required, you just need to be patient. 
Out of curiosity, may I ask what you ordered?

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »

Yes!  Even if it's a flaw, I love it!!!  I looks "frosted", and it came with Arctic Blue!  PERFECT.

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2020, 03:49:02 AM »

Ok lads and lassies, my order arrived today before I got home from work. I told my daughter do NOT call. I kept checking my tracking anyway lol. Here are a few pix of three of the four sabers. Got my daughter a Lost Gray, I’ll post pix tomorrow of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 02:29:19 AM »

Nice group of sabers.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 02:32:33 AM »

Nice group of sabers.
Thanks Malik! I am soooooo totally contemplating converting the two stunts, the dark initiate and the liberator to sound, maybe even neopixel and either weathering or etching the liberator as well. I feel it is too plain Jane just stock but soooo much potential.

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 02:38:26 AM »

This is the BIG DOG! The Lost Gray is my daughter’s. She’s my favorite and only, so yes, it’s the Diamond controller she lost her mind when I showed her all it could do. Hell, it blew my mind a bit more than normal. Lol.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 05:42:37 AM »

Love the Lost Grey..and Diamond too. So very nice .

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

tonyk17
Force Sensitive

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 06:14:40 PM »

I've tried being patient... really. 

I placed an order during the spring giveaway that was large enough to qualify for all 4 bonus sabers.  It's 11 pieces in total: two diamond hilts + blades, plus accessories like couplers and hilt extensions.  My account still says processing on the orders page, and I'm okay with that since it's such a large order.  It's not a birthday gift, or even Christmas, so I don't need it by a certain date.  I sent two emails about a week apart in June and got no response.  That didn't even put me over the edge since I've read lots on here about longer wait times and slow email responses. 

On July 18 I got a delivery confirmation email.  I was not at home all day and I did not happen to check that email address until Monday.  I sent a reply immediately saying I had not received a package.  There was no tracking number in the email, just a line that mentioned FedEx Ground.  I never received an email saying that my order shipped.  I never received an email with a tracking number.  All I got was a surprise! it's here - when it wasn't.  It could be that the email was sent in error and was meant for another customer.  That's my best-case scenario.

Still, I'm left wondering if I should speak to my bank about what options I have in case I need to go that route.  If US will get back to me about shipping/really anything, I'd be fine filing a police report for electronics equipment Grin  I'm at a loss right now, though.  I don't want to use the *s* word, but that's where paranoia and anxiety are taking me.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2020, 03:54:50 AM »

I've tried being patient... really. 

I placed an order during the spring giveaway that was large enough to qualify for all 4 bonus sabers.  It's 11 pieces in total: two diamond hilts + blades, plus accessories like couplers and hilt extensions.  My account still says processing on the orders page, and I'm okay with that since it's such a large order.  It's not a birthday gift, or even Christmas, so I don't need it by a certain date.  I sent two emails about a week apart in June and got no response.  That didn't even put me over the edge since I've read lots on here about longer wait times and slow email responses. 

On July 18 I got a delivery confirmation email.  I was not at home all day and I did not happen to check that email address until Monday.  I sent a reply immediately saying I had not received a package.  There was no tracking number in the email, just a line that mentioned FedEx Ground.  I never received an email saying that my order shipped.  I never received an email with a tracking number.  All I got was a surprise! it's here - when it wasn't.  It could be that the email was sent in error and was meant for another customer.  That's my best-case scenario.

Still, I'm left wondering if I should speak to my bank about what options I have in case I need to go that route.  If US will get back to me about shipping/really anything, I'd be fine filing a police report for electronics equipment Grin  I'm at a loss right now, though.  I don't want to use the *s* word, but that's where paranoia and anxiety are taking me.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.  (Based on your post, you’ve probably read this before, too, but I’m still going to say it again.)

This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

ORDINARILY, you would probably have your saber in your hand already, because their turnaround time was typically 1-2 weeks.  Lots of us old-timers have that as our default experience with UltraSabers.  HOWEVER... in early December of last year, thanks to all the fan excitement surrounding the last Star Wars movie, a new Star Wars TV show that apparently should have been titled “Baby Yoda” instead, the release of a new Star Wars video game, the Christmas gift-giving season, and a winter sales promotion, they began to have so many orders that they fell behind.  In January, there started to be issues with parts and components, because of the COVID-19 issues in China, where some of the electronic parts are manufactured, and they fell a little more behind.  In February, the fallout from COVID-19 started to have effects here in the United States, and some of their more-local parts suppliers fell behind, not just the ones in China.  As time progressed, and as social-distancing measures needed to be put into effect in the workplace (causing more than the usual scheduling issues of getting the right technician, the right saber, the right parts, and the right tools all at the right workstation at the right time, multiplied across the multiple suppliers used), the backlog continued.  On May 25, they lost all their emails prior to that date, and that has caused its own issues.  They have staff working 24x7 trying to catch up from the backlog, and some progress is being made, but they are nowhere near back to normal yet.

Their overall delivery times have slipped quite a bit; although some folks still get their sabers in a week or two, some sabers take three or four weeks, and some take eight weeks or longer.  Note that the orders are NOT worked in a First-In-First-Out queue order; there are too many dependencies on various parts, technician skill sets, machine/workstation availability, and Lord-only-knows what else for that to be even close to efficient.  There have been entire books— heck, entire college courses— written on efficient manufacturing-process scheduling, so there’s no way I can give a full explanation here; just know that it’s very complicated.

The response times on the customer service emails have slipped quite a bit, too.  All I can say is to keep sending POLITE emails to info@ultrasabers.com with your order number in the subject line, but I wouldn’t send an email every day; that will just clog up the Inbox and make it harder to find the emails that need an answer other than “Yes, we have your order, and it’s in the processing queue, but I can’t tell you when it will ship, because we are waiting on <fill_in_the_blank>.”  There’s nothing wrong with wanting an update, because you have sent them your money; just understand that right now, getting an update, or your saber, is going to take longer than normal, and longer than any of us would like.

So send another polite email to info@ultrasabers.com, making sure your order number and a BRIEF statement of the issue (Order #xxxxxxx status— now at xx weeks, or something like that, I don’t know) are in the subject line.  You have seen many, many people posting that they are getting their Golden Ticket email (and yeah, that email you got was from a third party review-tracking site that has no knowledge or insight into UltraSabers’ manufacturing processes, and was set up to use a timing based on NORMAL processing times, so don’t let that email mess you up too badly; it doesn’t mean your shipment got lost); your turn will come, too.

Right now, I already got the Golden Ticket email, but the USPS seems to have lost track of my package... it’s been in “In Transit, Arriving Late” status for the past week, and it was last seen as it entered the facility in Houston last Sunday, at oh-dark-thirty.  That’s not anything UltraSabers can help me with; it’s not their fault, and it’s not my fault; it just is the way things are.  All I can do is sit here and wait, trying not to freak out about my Frankensaber possibly never making it back home to me, after I shipped it off to get a Diamond upgrade.

Hang in there, tonyk17... your Golden Ticket email will come.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: