Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri-Cree Consular Green vs Single Consular Green  (Read 2571 times)
Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

Lightside Points Appreciated

« on: May 18, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »

Hi Saberforum!

My Dominix v4 LE in tri-Cree Consular Green came in. I thought I would show pictures of it side-by-side with my Aeon v4. Both have Ultraedge Midgrade blades.

I noticed the shade of green in each blade is slightly different. The single LED is closer to a darker, "truer" green whereas the tri-Cree Consular Green is lighter, closer to a green apple type green. They're both beautiful. The tri-Cree blade stays full throughout and is slightly brighter than the Single die. I really like these two! I could see dual wielding these similar to how Ahsoka Tano had a green blade and a slightly lime blade.

What do you guys think? For those with both blades, did you experience the same?

Thanks!

Daric

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom."
Shock LE (Emerald), Aeon v4 (Consular Green), Sentinel v5 (Tri-Cree Adegan Silver), Dominix LE v4 (Tri-Cree Consular Green)

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »

Indeed Tri-cree is my favorite just for the full blade illumination. Although single LEDs look pretty close in a 24" blade. The light doesn't have as far to travel or get dispersed before it hits the mirror inside the blade tip. So a single LED in 24" gets about the same full consistency as a Tri-cree in a 36/32".

My first pair/staff is Tri-Green and I love the look of it.
However I've also had the joy of seeing Blue LEDs through a Photon blade, and that's vividly Green.
My wife's Arctic blue saber with a photon blade is actually brighter and fuller then my Tri-green.
That's why in upgrading my staff to a pair of AB sabers instead.

-

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 03:30:09 PM »

Indeed Tri-cree is my favorite just for the full blade illumination. Although single LEDs look pretty close in a 24" blade. The light doesn't have as far to travel or get dispersed before it hits the mirror inside the blade tip. So a single LED in 24" gets about the same full consistency as a Tri-cree in a 36/32".

Yes, that was what I found most appealing. The tri-Cree wasn't super bright compared to my single Consular Green saber, but it was a more consistent glow. It probably has to do with the fact that green LEDs are among the most vibrant to start with and the eye is more sensitive to greens and blues.

My first pair/staff is Tri-Green and I love the look of it.
However I've also had the joy of seeing Blue LEDs through a Photon blade, and that's vividly Green.
My wife's Arctic blue saber with a photon blade is actually brighter and fuller then my Tri-green.
That's why in upgrading my staff to a pair of AB sabers instead.

I saw your video about Arctic Blue with the Photon Blade and it is very interesting. I read a review of the Photon Blade where they mentioned that a pure blue LED will make a cyan core like you mentioned. So adding a green LED would reduce that effect as your video demonstrated.

I'm guessing you'll go for the tri-Cree Arctic Blue?

Shock LE (Emerald), Aeon v4 (Consular Green), Sentinel v5 (Tri-Cree Adegan Silver), Dominix LE v4 (Tri-Cree Consular Green)

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »

I'm guessing you'll go for the tri-Cree Arctic Blue?
I debated that for quite some time actually, but since my photon blades are thin-walled and only 26inches for my staff, I felt the Tri-cree was overkill.
I also felt like the added blue diode (Tri-AB is blue/blue/green) would edge the core back to Cyan.
So regular AB is more than adequate. It's still brighter than my Tri-green and shouldn't drain the batteries as much.

Now if I had thick walled photon blades that were longer, I think the conventional wisdom would be right that Tri-GB would  be best.
The thicker polycarbonate should convert almost all the blue light to green.

-

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 04:28:19 PM »

Indeed Tri-cree is my favorite just for the full blade illumination. Although single LEDs look pretty close in a 24" blade.

I was going to ask, so the tri-Cree CG and single CG you have look pretty much the same in terms of wavelength? Mine show a distinct difference in color (not due to battery level or anything). It's interesting. I figured it would just be 3 of the same LED on both sabers, but the tri-Cree is noticeably lighter.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 05:47:15 PM »

Well my only single green isn't an US, so I'm not sure. But it looks like the same kind of green. And my Tri-green is much brighter.

-

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 09:21:13 PM »

Well my only single green isn't an US, so I'm not sure. But it looks like the same kind of green. And my Tri-green is much brighter.

-

Hm, okay. I know it can't be a Sunrider's Destiny because it is only one LED. So maybe juat a different batch of green LEDs? I got the single LED CG in a mystery box so I don't know for certain.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 09:27:13 PM »

Mixed colors are still 1 LED. VA, AB and SRD all have 2 diodes, but the module looks like 1 LED.
If you take the blade out and shine it against a wall, you'll see both colors overlapping.

But now that you mention it, the green in your saber on the right does look a bit SRD.

-

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:41:39 PM »

Mixed colors are still 1 LED. VA, AB and SRD all have 2 diodes, but the module looks like 1 LED.
If you take the blade out and shine it against a wall, you'll see both colors overlapping.

But now that you mention it, the green in your saber on the right does look a bit SRD.

-

I shined it on the wall and it still appears to be a single diode...maybe I'm wrong. Hm.

Atanvarno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 08:59:44 AM »

This pics are with a single LED Consular Green. UEHG blade. I don't find a much difference between a single LED and a Tri-Cree. Maybe in person looks brighter, but for green, which is the brightest colour for the human eye, i think it doesn't worth ther extra 15 bucks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: