Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber turns itself off?  (Read 761 times)
Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« on: May 23, 2020, 02:39:44 AM »

So I just got my Azure Fallen back last week after sending it back in to have sound and FoC added. It turned on and seemed to work fine, but as I was preparing to duel with it, I noticed there was a problem. After a few swings, or after leaving the FoC on for a few seconds, the lightsaber just powers itself off. It is not an immediate shut off, it simply acts like the button was held down and it powers off as it would if I was actually powering it off. My finger is nowhere near the button however. BEFORE ASKING, I have checked the batteries. They are fully charged, and I swapped the batteries with another saber that was working just fine and my Fallen was having the same problem while my other saber was still working fine, so it is clearly not a battery issue. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on and a simple fix? I have already emailed Marlena a few days ago and have yet to get a response. I will email again this weekend if I still do not hear back. I will attach a video of the problem for everyone to see. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiqhZZIyjPw

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

Daric Soldar
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

Lightside Points Appreciated

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »

That is very strange...I wonder if there is a connection issue in some of the wiring, or if perhaps there is an issue with the soundboard itself. It would be difficult to diagnose this would taking it all apart and doing some connectivity and readings using a multimeter to see if maybe there's something going on with the current that would cause it to shut off abruptly like that.

Hopefully, if others have had a similar issue, they will see the post and provide input.

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom."
Shock LE (Emerald), Aeon v4 (Consular Green), Sentinel v5 (Tri-Cree Adegan Silver), Dominix LE v4 (Tri-Cree Consular Green)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: