Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can't click buttons on the ultasabers launcher  (Read 4463 times)
olegunnerwhitehead
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 26, 2020, 06:04:29 PM »

Hi, I have just got my new diamond saber today, I have downloaded the launcher, it says that my saber is connected, but I can not click on any on the 'write' buttons. also buttons such as 'test pulse' cannot be clicked on. They are grey. I don't seem to be able to make any changes to my saber. Could somebody tell me where I am going wrong? General Malice kindly pointed me to this section, many thanks

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:34:19 PM »

Let's go through the following questions:

- Batteries at 100%?
- Launcher installed with admin rights?
- Launcher started with admin rights?
- Use of a data transfer capable USB cord?
- Saber is turned on before connecting it?

If you can answer all of these with "Yes", then it may be a technical issue with the board. Try to reset it by removing the batteries for 10 seconds, then re-insert them.

Just as a reminder:

Always turn the saber on before connecting, then open the launcher, then connect the saber. Any other sequence may result in connection or program issues.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 08:46:18 PM »

If your Diamond lightsaber is like mine, you may have to play around with the connection a few times before it actually connects. It should give a 4 second tone and the launcher should give a time connection whirl while it's getting your lightsaber information.

If all that works, but you still can't get it to connect, you may have to update the firmware on the Diamond controller. I forget what the exact revision they are using in the Diamond lightsabers these days, but a couple of my recent purchases had older firmware that the US Launcher would not work with until they were updated. Note: the US Launcher does not tell you what firmware it currently supports, only what version the Launcher is. (that I could find).

This is, of course, if you checked and passed all the checks Racona Nova listed first.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 12:23:47 AM »

one other thing: make sure you're in the Diamond tab instead of the Emerald tab... maybe?  hopefully?

good luck!

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »

Oh my...absolutely forgot the most obvious solution! Of course, you're completely right, Syronimus!

To the OP: Make sure you're in the right tab! After reading through your issue again, it clearly sounds like you're in the wrong tab...the Diamond tab has a different surface than the Emerald tab, and you're probably in Emerald and not Diamond - there you don't have "Test Pulse" or "Flash on Clash".

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

olegunnerwhitehead
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »

Sorry for the delay fella's, i'm in the u.k so i'm probably asleep when you guys are active, time flys on that launcher! Mrs guna kill me.! You were right. After messing around with it for a very long time last night I realised I can only use the diamond driver. It is quite complex at first but I am really getting the hang of it now. It looks like theres always more to learn about it though. Hugely impressed with the sabers, the launcher and the forum. Massive thanks to all of you for your help.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:05:57 PM »

Glad you got it working!

if you haven't already, click on the 1st sound bank to edit it, but instead, save it to your computer... that's your customized (from your order) color/sound/etc that you selected when ordering the saber; you can't recover that one (easily)  the rest are default stuff that you can download and reinstall.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:53 AM »

Glad you got it working!

if you haven't already, click on the 1st sound bank to edit it, but instead, save it to your computer... that's your customized (from your order) color/sound/etc that you selected when ordering the saber; you can't recover that one (easily)  the rest are default stuff that you can download and reinstall.

Excellent tip.  I hope it arrived in time to be useful.  POINT!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

emorejmailliw
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 05:24:34 AM »

I was having the same issues, I followed all your steps and it works now. Thanks y’all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: