Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saberforum collaboration video project idea  (Read 3543 times)
Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« on: May 27, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »

I had an idea today, thought it was nice, then decided to share and ask for any volunteers to help and make this happen.

I started practicing the ropedart at the start of our lockdown, and yesterday I stumbled upon this video of several know ropedartists who collaborated on this.
Skip the first 10 seconds of bad acting and watch:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pf5p7MlA3k&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pf5p7MlA3k&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Then I thought it might be fun to do something similar with the people on this forum. Of course only with the ones willing and maybe you all have a better idea and just want to shoot this down.

So, I'm curious, who would be up for this and/or thinks this is a good idea?
We all make a short video, lasting 10 seconds, attacking the camera and I'll do my best to make a nice montage.

Just let me hear, who's willing to join, then we can set a final date to make and share the shots.
And if anyone has a nice copyright free music idea to accompany this, I'm all ears.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:15:05 AM »

Good stuff, you can count me in, TCCW!  Wink

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »

i never recorded a vid but im game is it dart only ?

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:03:48 PM »

Good stuff, you can count me in, TCCW!  Wink
Great!

i never recorded a vid but im game is it dart only ?
This being a lightsaberforum, I would suggest the handling of a lightsaber would be the prefered choice. Wink Single, double, or staff is entirely up to you.

Just 'borrowed' the idea from the ropedartists.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »

Let's rock it

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 05:56:21 AM »

Great Finlay!

Let's hope a few more people join in.

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »

I will if I'm able to

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »

Given that you're posting in this sub-forum, I'm going to presume you've read/watched this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23126.0

If not, go do it. Especially the first video. Do not skip the opening, it's amusing.
For anyone wondering, from the first video, Darth Venturous is the one with the double bladed saber, Darth CH3M15T is the one with the cowboy hat, and Darth Cephalus is the one spinning in a book store. (That's right, for everyone complaining that they don't have space to practice, he's spinning in the aisle of a bookstore, with a fairly low ceiling too. No more excuses, go get to work Cheesy )

Sorry, my main point to all of this is that I think 10 seconds is too short a time for the clips. That's all.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »

I will if I'm able to

Would be nice Drifter!

Given that you're posting in this sub-forum, I'm going to presume you've read/watched this thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23126.0

If not, go do it. Especially the first video. Do not skip the opening, it's amusing.
For anyone wondering, from the first video, Darth Venturous is the one with the double bladed saber, Darth CH3M15T is the one with the cowboy hat, and Darth Cephalus is the one spinning in a book store. (That's right, for everyone complaining that they don't have space to practice, he's spinning in the aisle of a bookstore, with a fairly low ceiling too. No more excuses, go get to work Cheesy )

Sorry, my main point to all of this is that I think 10 seconds is too short a time for the clips. That's all.

Hey Sakura, thanks for the link.
No I hadn't seen the video. I only joined this forum october last year, and to be honost, I haven't read this forum from front to back. I saw that this vid was the Spinwars of 2014. Much respect for the spinners, looked great.
I collaberated in the 2019 version, love the idea of the Spinwars, in my mind this was a different idea/take on a collaboration. But now that I'm writing it down, it does soudn kind of the same.

On the other hand, if you keep all the shots around 10 to 15 second, you can pull of one or two nice moves, hit/slash/stab/force-push your phone and we get a fun quick version.

Just let me know what you think. It's an idea for now, we can still call it a bad idea and not continue on it Wink

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 10:06:08 PM »

Hey Sakura, thanks for the link.
No I hadn't seen the video. I only joined this forum october last year, and to be honost, I haven't read this forum from front to back. I saw that this vid was the Spinwars of 2014. Much respect for the spinners, looked great.
I collaberated in the 2019 version, love the idea of the Spinwars, in my mind this was a different idea/take on a collaboration. But now that I'm writing it down, it does sound kind of the same.

On the other hand, if you keep all the shots around 10 to 15 second, you can pull of one or two nice moves, hit/slash/stab/force-push your phone and we get a fun quick version.

Just let me know what you think. It's an idea for now, we can still call it a bad idea and not continue on it Wink
I think it's irrelevant as to whether it's a good idea or a bad idea. What's relevant is that it is (in my opinion) a fun idea.

I'm not trying in anyway to dissuade you from doing it, I was trying to provide an example of something where shots longer than 10-15 seconds worked (plus it's a really great video).

While the concept of a video collection of us showing off is the same as Spinwars, what you're looking to show is different. I just timed one of what I would contribute if I manage to, and to my surprise, it actually is about 13 seconds. So what do I know. The other thing I would contribute, again if I manage it, is just some very simple spinning that I can do from anywhere between 10 seconds and a couple of hours.

So my vote, especially given that you've already got several people wanting to contribute, is to continue on and do it.

One fun thing I thought of, perhaps for a separate video, is someone doing the same moves over and over, but each time with a different color blade.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 01:23:19 AM »

I haven't seen that vid either it was good and I've never done a vid before this is the 1st forum I've ever joined so all this kind of thing is new to me lol

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: