Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Mandalorian hybrid?  (Read 1985 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: May 28, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »

Putting aside the rarity that one would ever exist (Tar Visla being the only one in canon), how much of each costume design would need to be incorporated to get across what the cosplay is?

For example, just putting a Mando helmet on a Jedi outfit probably isn't enough, nor would just adding a lightsaber to a full Mando outfit.

Story comes into play as well. I think the 2 most likely backstories would be an Order 66 survivor disguising themselves as a Mando bounty hunter, or a force sensitivity Mando that specializes in Jedi hunting.

Since I already have a Jedi outfit, I think I'll go with the former and just add Mando elements until it looks done.
So far, I'll be adding a helmet, chest armor and a blaster. If the chest armor works out, I may add shoulder armor.

As much as I'd love to have a full Mando outfit, it could be costly and potentially uncomfortable.
After years working on my Jedi costume, I finally have a complete outfit that is also comfortable, so adding chest armor and a helmet shouldn't be too bad.
The blaster would also hang from my belt and I have a Darksaber-like flat acrylic blade for the lightsaber.

Does anyone have and suggestions or pictures for further design elements I could add?

-

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 05:38:04 PM »

Funnily enough, I've been thinking about something similar for quite a while. This is because I'm a member of a saber combat charter and we fight with full protection. And as nice as this armor is, it's far away from being a Jedi. Unless a Jedi on full plate armor is common, of course. Wink

So I was thinking about a guy with armor, but with a lightsaber too. And if I go back to the armor, I also think of guns, big guns. As a roleplayer (pen&paper) I also have to create a whole character around this idea.
So I ended up with a character inspired by the figure of Baze Malbus from Rogue One. But a little more on the side of the force, maybe. Like a mixing of Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe.

This character should be a former member of the Guardians of the Whills, so he knows the Force, the Jedis and Lightsabers. Secretly trained by a grey Jedi he can fight with a weapon of this kind (as we know it's not necesary to be a Jedi to fight with a lightsaber, just a little bit easier) he don't believe he has special abilities but believes in the Force.
After Order 66 and the rise of the Empire he knows it's not a good Idea to wave around with a lightsaber - Jedi or not. So he has a lightsaber and if needed he can use it, but mostly protected by armor he uses a big gun.

As I say this, I am still at the very beginning of my thoughts. So there is much of work and maybe a lot of changes. But maybe there were also some inspirations?

Just as a reference:

The Fallen: Diamond RGBW, White Illuminated Black AV Switch, 36"
Spectre with Engraving: Obsidian V4, BVA / FoC MLS, 36"
The Butcher Staff: TA Silver + Color Discs + Quick Release Coupler, 2x32"
Aeon LE V5: Stunt, GB, 36"
Dark Initiate V5: Stunt, BR, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 24"
Initiate V4: Stunt, BR, Windows,, 24"
The Dominix V2: Stunt, CG, 32"
Initiate V2: Stunt, GB, 24"

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:59:28 PM »

Cool idea.
I've always been far more excited by lightsabers and more close up ritual fighting than combat with big guns, so I'd stick with just a blaster for myself.
I like the idea of being a former Jedi padawan that now has to be something else and chooses to don Mando armour as a bounty hunter.
Using the guise of Mando discipline and training to explain his supernatural reflexes and abilities. Also converting his saber to look more like the Darksaber so that on the rare occasion he has to use it, it can pass for a Mandalorian relic.

Fortunately, Jedi style tunics and boots don't seem to be all that unique to the Jedi. There's tons of background characters that wear similar garb and since my tunic is black, that should help throw off suspicion as well.

We'll see how it looks in the coming weeks

-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 02:40:59 AM »

Could start with something akin to what Obi-wan wore during teh Clone Wars, and go from there visually

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »

For now, I think I'm just going to add this:

To this:

But I'm going to have to wait until Friday to put it all together.

-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 04:02:35 PM »

For now, I think I'm just going to add this:

To this:

But I'm going to have to wait until Friday to put it all together.

-

I can't wait to see it, Galef!

AND read the story behind your ensemble  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:50:49 AM »

Can definitely work, Galef

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 03:27:25 AM »

Therion Jinn