Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: V4 sound Silent font and FoC  (Read 1872 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: June 03, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »

Simple question: if you have a separate Flash on Clash color, but have the Mute font selected, will the FoC color still flash with impacts or when the switch is pressed for lock up?

I'm debating between Tri-GB or Blue with Red FoC. If I still get the red FoC even when in silent mode, that puts another check in the box for the FoC option.

Second question: assuming the above is doable, are there any consequences to activating the saber and just leaving it in Lock up?
Sort of a way to 'cheat' a quick pulse mode without having Emerald. But would that put too much stress on the LEDs to make them eventually burn out?

-

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 05:16:34 PM »

Simple question: if you have a separate Flash on Clash color, but have the Mute font selected, will the FoC color still flash with impacts or when the switch is pressed for lock up?
FOC will still flash on impact, as it's activated by force of the impact, not what sound font is selected. I'm not sure about lockup, as that involves both sound and FOC, but I would think it would still flash.

Second question: assuming the above is doable, are there any consequences to activating the saber and just leaving it in Lock up?
Sort of a way to 'cheat' a quick pulse mode without having Emerald. But would that put too much stress on the LEDs to make them eventually burn out?

Eventually they would burn out. I'm not sure how long that would take. I'm guessing that it's partially going to depend on how long you leave it in lockup. A few minutes? Hours? Days? Constant forever? I know from normal use the LED's last 6+ years at a minimum, probably longer. While that is not with constant use, it is with regular weekly full speed, full contact sparring. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever heard of one of the LED's burning out. I'm sure it's probably happened, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a post about it.

If you're going to have it going for an extended period of time, I suggest a recharge port so you're able to have it plugged in all the time as well, otherwise you're going to go through batteries VERY fast.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 05:47:11 PM »

Thanx Sakura No Kaze! Have a point.

I'm not intending to have it on the whole time, but potentially longer than a minute at a time just to show off.
I saw a video from Sidious Sabers where he showed a GB saber with Red FoC and when he did the lockup, it almost looked like a saber pulsing quickly between BVA and Bane's heart. And that looked pretty rad to me.

Regarding the recharge port, I keep spare Liions recharged to swap out when the ones in the saber drain. I don't like the idea of having to plug the saber in and wait.

-

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 06:36:19 PM »

Thanx Sakura No Kaze! Have a point.

I'm not intending to have it on the whole time, but potentially longer than a minute at a time just to show off.
I saw a video from Sidious Sabers where he showed a GB saber with Red FoC and when he did the lockup, it almost looked like a saber pulsing quickly between BVA and Bane's heart. And that looked pretty rad to me.

Regarding the recharge port, I keep spare Liions recharged to swap out when the ones in the saber drain. I don't like the idea of having to plug the saber in and wait.

I just plug the saber in whenever I'm not using it, so it's always fully charged when I do go to use it. I guess I just don't use them for a long enough time period at a time for them to drain all the way. Usually 2-4 hours, although I'm also usually swapping between 6-8 sabers, so no one saber is on that full amount of time.

My suggestion was based on the thought of using the saber for lighting. As an example, either Ultra or Deep, I cannot remember which one, has a saber setup as room lighting with a loop of ocean sounds for the sound font continuously playing as background noise. In a case like that you'd want to have the saber plugged in all the time because it's running continuously for hours at a time.

For what you're intending, I agree that you're not going to need it plugged in.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 06:46:25 PM »

Thanx again. If the recharge port + charger wasn't such an upcharge, I'd probably go for it. But since I can just get an extra set of batteries and keep them charged for MUCH cheaper, I'd don't ever see myself getting a recharge port on a saber.

I've got a standing agreement with my wife to never spend more than $300 on a single saber purchase and that port always pushes a saber above that for me.

I'm very excited for the next Raffle to order this saber.
Crimson Scorpion with V4 sound in GB with Red FoC.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 07:21:09 PM »

-

MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) on high-drain LED units like these and the ones in my flashlights is typically 50,000 hours, or over 5-1/2 YEARS of constant runtime.  Assuming that US is using the class of LEDs that I think they are, you’ll likely have nothing to worry about for a LONG time.

Note: Assuming 3 hours of use per day, every day of the year, instead of the 24 hours per day used above, that would stretch the MTBF to over 45-1/2 years.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »

MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) on high-drain LED units like these and the ones in my flashlights is typically 50,000 hours, or over 5-1/2 YEARS of constant runtime.  Assuming that US is using the class of LEDs that I think they are, you’ll likely have nothing to worry about for a LONG time.

Note: Assuming 3 hours of use per day, every day of the year, instead of the 24 hours per day used above, that would stretch the MTBF to over 45-1/2 years.
Wow, thanx. I just like the idea of a Blue/Red FoC imitating an Emerald set to quick pulse between BVA and BH. Set in the Crimson Scorpion, that would look wicked, but I don't think I'd keep it on lockup for too long. Maybe just a few moments for a few Obi-Ani spins.

Here's the video I found from Sidious Sabers that made me fall for the color combo:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvz9qcB4lbE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvz9qcB4lbE</a>

-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: