Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Apprentice V4 staff & Phantom Initiate V4  (Read 1382 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: June 05, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaDxQSELd8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaDxQSELd8</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 03:41:52 PM »

Galef, I really have to admire your willingness to monkey around with these brand-new sabers.  (Yes, I know you are FAR from alone in this on this forum, but I’m responding to YOUR post right now, so you are the one who gets the most reference.). I have an Aeon LE V3 that I’ve owned for six years, and the only modifications I have made to it have been the accidental/incidental dings and wear marks that any aluminum tool is going to get from use.

You and all the other customizers on the forum really impress me with your COMPLETE disregard for the attractiveness of a shiny-new hilt, and you all seem to view that as a STARTING point rather than as the end goal, like I do.  I look at the modifications you folks make to your sabers, and I marvel at the results.  Especially when the changes involve weathering (WHAT???  You are intentionally DAMAGING that gorgeous anodized finish???) or anything else that would be difficult or impossible to revert back to pre-change condition, I am flabbergasted not only by the attractiveness of the end result, but at the fact that you are willing (or even eager) to change things so much, even to the point of damaging the finish or even the body of the hilt (depending on the amount of wear the owner wants the saber to show).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 04:05:06 PM »

I agree with you on the weathering part. I may trick out my sabers, but I like them to still look new and well cared for (and shiny).
But yes, I treat the more basic hilts as a starting point and add flare to make them feel like mine.
Now the more Premium hilts on the other hand, like the Crimson Scorpion I plan to order during the next Raffle, are pretty much complete in my view.
I might add 3 stripe of E-tape between the bumps of the grip section, but that's it. Otherwise that thing is beautiful as is.

Another thing is that none of the mods I do are permanent. I can easily remove all the tape and o-rings and put the original retention screw back in if I want to.
That's another reason I'm not so keen on weathering because it's more permanent.

-

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 12:37:11 AM »

I'm just plain chicken when it comes to changing up my sabers. I'll do a lite mod ( like the ones you mentioned) so I  can go back to the original  if I want. As for the Crimson Scorpion. You are absolutely correct...it needs now enhancing. It's a big beautiful Beast of a saber. Pretty much perfect the way it is. I have had both versions. The Crimson Crimson version is the clear winner. I guarantee that you will love it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »

Well done! I am about to explore a staff soon with my Aeon v4s, and I appreciate your review! Love the stormtrooper look as a baton lightsaber as well. I was thinking that very thing when you said it! Point incoming for the creativity!

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »

Thanks for sharing; interesting modifications... looks great.

DrEe Windu

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »

Always one for staff reviews, I like the added touches you did to each hilt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: