Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri cree GRn GRN white buck puck question  (Read 755 times)
GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« on: June 10, 2020, 09:17:31 PM »

Would you ever use more then one buck puck for a tri cree set up. we are working with a Gn,Gn,white and Ms. Malice read that you need needs 2 buck pucks for the tricree greens as they need more miliamps to work with. Is this true. I told her you could use one buck puck and splice the green green at 250 each and 500 to the white.

Any advice. she called me a doo doo head and is mad now. some one tell me who's right lol thank you

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 01:34:51 AM »

Would you ever use more then one buck puck for a tri cree set up. we are working with a Gn,Gn,white and Ms. Malice read that you need needs 2 buck pucks for the tricree greens as they need more miliamps to work with. Is this true. I told her you could use one buck puck and splice the green green at 250 each and 500 to the white.

Any advice. she called me a doo doo head and is mad now. some one tell me who's right lol thank you
I just rewired a saber with a Tri-Green and one buck puck (not the Onyx that US installs but the Luxdrive 1000mA).  Works just fine.  The saber in question was already Tri-Green with the US buck puck, and there was only one.  I rewired it because I did a paint job on it, but it worked fine before.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 01:40:13 AM »

I just rewired a saber with a Tri-Green and one buck puck (not the Onyx that US installs but the Luxdrive 1000mA).  Works just fine.  The saber in question was already Tri-Green with the US buck puck, and there was only one.  I rewired it because I did a paint job on it, but it worked fine before.

very nice. How was it connected/ split between the 3 leds? Sorry Ms. Malice said to ask. I might be saying it wrong.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:52:07 AM »

The three positive wires were soldered together and then soldered to a wire leading to the switch.  The three negative wires were soldered together then wired to the negative LED spot on the board. 
This is the diagram I've used (found it on here).

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: