Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Did I get an Obsidian or an Obsidian Lite?  (Read 4462 times)
LancerDurant
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 12, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »

Hello everyone,

I recently got an Ultra Sabers Bellicose. It's very nice and I have been very happy with it.

When I ordered it, I opted for the Obsidian Lite soundboard with the standard setup. However, when I received the saber and examined the module, it appears that I got a regular Obsidian board. (Please see picture for reference.)

Alternate link: https://imgur.com/a/x0Y8qqB

The board is black and has a USB receptacle. Instead of 4 AAA or AA batteries, I found out that it was powered by 2 rechargeable Li-ion batteries, which looked like they were AA size.

I suppose I shouldn't complain if it turns out that I got upgraded! But I'd like to know for sure. I bought NiMH rechargeable AA batteries for use on this saber; would those still work? (I don't have a Li-ion battery charger and I remember hearing that I need a specialized charger for this type of setup.) Would I be able to install or change sound fonts on this soundboard? (I was thinking that maybe they ran out of the Lite board and maybe installed a regular board with reduced functionality.)

I live in Guam so it's usually a major effort to get things shipped here*, so I didn't feel like tinkering too much with my saber and risk breaking something. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

P.S. I did send an email earlier in the week asking this same question, but I have not heard back yet; I was hoping to prevail on the community's expertise while I wait for an official response. Thanks again in advance.

* Actually I was pleasantly surprised at how fast this saber got to my hands. I ordered it on May 28, I was notified that it was shipped on June 5, and I received it in Guam on June 9. Thank you to Ultra Sabers for making and delivering a fine product.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 08:56:31 PM »

That is an Obsidian (either v3 or v4).  The lite doesn't come with a USB port and doesn't use Li-Ion batteries.  Looks like you got lucky from someone's mistake.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

LancerDurant
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »

Thank you for the information.

So does this mean I'm stuck using the batteries it came with? I see an option to buy the 14500 batteries and charger on the Ultra Sabers website, so I will send for them today. But what should I do in the meantime? Is it safe to use regular AA batteries instead? Thanks in advance.

Also, I downloaded the Obsidian Launcher 2.45 from http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23237.0 and tried to connect my saber to it using the instructions, but no dice. I would put more effort into it, but the prospect of losing battery life without replacement batteries while I tried figuring it out was unsavory to me.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 10:29:46 PM »

AA batteries will not work.  You will need the 14500 Li-Ion batteries.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

LancerDurant
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 04:40:03 AM »

OK, thank you. That is what I am afraid of. I've ordered the charger with extra batteries from the site. I'll be practicing my spinning silently until then!

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 12:19:35 PM »

Hello everyone,

I recently got an Ultra Sabers Bellicose. It's very nice and I have been very happy with it.

When I ordered it, I opted for the Obsidian Lite soundboard with the standard setup. However, when I received the saber and examined the module, it appears that I got a regular Obsidian board. (Please see picture for reference)

Maybe you got MY board... i was supposed to get a premium Obsidian board and instead I got a Lite.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

LancerDurant
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 01:13:42 PM »

Maybe you got MY board... i was supposed to get a premium Obsidian board and instead I got a Lite.

Haha! I would have been happy with this until a few hours ago. I pushed down a little too hard on the LED module and I heard something give inside, and now it doesn't turn on! I emailed them inquiring about a repair and I'm crossing my fingers on getting a reply. I think I'll be spinning very silently for quite a long while until I can send it in for repair!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: