Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sentinel V4 (ObsidianV3 sound in Adegan Silver) Review  (Read 1377 times)
Zontera
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

This is my war.

« on: June 14, 2020, 05:35:45 PM »

To sum up the video linked below, I'm quite happy with my recent acquisition of a Sentinel V4 with sound from Ultrasabers. Thanks to the team for their good work as always!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKAdHs1kTJI&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKAdHs1kTJI&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:05:20 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

My Armory:
-Sentinel V4 Customized (Adegan Silver)
-Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Consular Green)
-Catalyst Customized(Sentinel Yellow)
-Dark Apprentice LE V4 (Consular Green)

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 06:11:26 PM »

as a future owner of a dark sentinel v4 staff ( my first ,when it comes ) thank you for sharing.trying to see how it sizes up in the hands of others + point

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »

Hey, Zontera (or anyone else who is intrigued by the possibilities of a white light and color filters), while the Color Discs from UltraSabers are pre-cut to the proper shape and size, they don’t offer a whole lot of options.  If you want to check things out with a WEALTH of color choices, try getting one or two (or one of each) of these color swatch books from Lee Filters.  https://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm. You’ll need to cut them to 1” circles, but the color variety is incredible, and you should be able to reproduce Blazing Red pretty well.

Of course, as you point out in your video, any time you apply a color filter to a beam of light, you will have less light available for the blade, so there are very good reasons for some people to just get the color LED they want.  For those who want the flexibility of low-cost color changes, the Adegan Silver blade with color filters (whether the Color Discs sold by US, or by using theater-quality color gels/films/filters like the Lee Color Swatch books) provides a decent option.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Zontera
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

This is my war.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:16:36 PM »

as a future owner of a dark sentinel v4 staff ( my first ,when it comes ) thank you for sharing.trying to see how it sizes up in the hands of others + point
I'm glad I was able to help out. Can't wait to see your staff, should you post it.

And @Cyclops942: Good to know there are other options out there. In my case I never really needed the disks, the saber was meant to be white in the first place so I more added them out of curiosity than anything.

My Armory:
-Sentinel V4 Customized (Adegan Silver)
-Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Consular Green)
-Catalyst Customized(Sentinel Yellow)
-Dark Apprentice LE V4 (Consular Green)

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:22:32 PM »

Nice review! I also have a Sentinel v4, but it's in blazing red, stunt only. I love the small customization you've already done to make it your own. As it was said to me once, "You've taken your first step into a much larger world."

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »

Very fun looking saber; thank you for sharing.

DrEe Windu

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »

Nice Sentinel V4 with the AS blade you have there, Zontera! I like the customization that you did to the hilt. It flows well with each other. Owning an AS hilt myself, they're underrated and have a nice bright blade but with room to change the color of the blade with discs or filters if one choose to. I actually like ti with the Grand Master pommel and may need to borrow that idea. Good stuff

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 06:08:56 AM »

Nice review

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: