Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of my UltraSabers DORINIAN  (Read 2785 times)
MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« on: June 14, 2020, 11:17:03 PM »

Review of my UltraSabers DORINIAN with Diamond Controller:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39dUg08txJA&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39dUg08txJA&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Dorinian Pommel:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtbWwwvNMA&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtbWwwvNMA&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Videos embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:24:41 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:20:29 AM »

Just saw both your reviews. Very cool.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 03:42:59 AM »

Videos watched (nice job!), SUBSCRIBE button clicked, and brain has been educated.

Thanks!

Also, I like your setup.  What do you use to hold your camera above the “display area,” and what do you use to monitor what it sees?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

JuanSolo01138
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

Light Side Preferred

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 04:28:43 AM »

Great reviews! The comment about “baby hands”, my thoughts exactly. When I read those reviews, I had to give US an honest go.

You got my attention and subscription!

In My Armory:

The Guardian:Diamond
Archon v2.1: Diamond
Dark Sentinel LE V4
Aeon V2, Aeon LE V2
Frankensaber (Azure Mantis/Dominicide Hybrid with Savior Emitter)

Awaiting:
5x Mystery Boxes

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 06:43:15 AM »

Definately points awarded.
And yeah, 'Baby hands' did make me laugh!  Wink

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 10:25:24 AM »

Great review of the Dorinian and I love the break down of the pommel, it's quite extensive and you go into the details well. Points incoming for that

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 11:08:29 AM »

Saw this on YouTube. Nice review. I'd review. I'd never have the skill or the guts to do this.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »

Videos watched (nice job!), SUBSCRIBE button clicked, and brain has been educated.

Thanks!

Also, I like your setup.  What do you use to hold your camera above the “display area,” and what do you use to monitor what it sees?

Its ridiculously simplistic to be honest.  I have a 2 foot bubble level sticking out on a shelf over my workbench, with a couple cordless drill batteries weighting down the end on the shelf, and my cell phone sitting on the end sticking out, looking down.  I hit the video record button and hope for the best.  Maybe I'll improve my setup when I have time, for now its just rigged up best I can.  But it seems to work.  I may even start to (GASP!) edit my videos with Filmora, which I've used in the past to add intros and whatnot.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 04:36:42 AM »

Its ridiculously simplistic to be honest.  I have a 2 foot bubble level sticking out on a shelf over my workbench, with a couple cordless drill batteries weighting down the end on the shelf, and my cell phone sitting on the end sticking out, looking down.  I hit the video record button and hope for the best.  Maybe I'll improve my setup when I have time, for now its just rigged up best I can.  But it seems to work.  I may even start to (GASP!) edit my videos with Filmora, which I've used in the past to add intros and whatnot.

Well, you’re ahead of me!  I borrowed a decent camera tripod from a buddy, so I had a nice secure mount, but I have NO clue how to edit videos.  Yes, I know there are tutorials, but I don’t have time to watch them.  I’ve made three whole review videos, so it’s not like I have a desperate need to learn this skill.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »

A great review; thanks for sharing. Enjoy!

DrEe Windu

CalypsoRaz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 03:06:16 AM »

I absolutely love this hilt. I was kinda bummed that my pommel has two bent fins and the red faux led is missing. I would expect this to be caught in QA.

Diamond Dorinian - Grey
Dark Sentinel LE v4 - Grab Bag
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 01:32:16 AM »

I absolutely love this hilt. I was kinda bummed that my pommel has two bent fins and the red faux led is missing. I would expect this to be caught in QA.

You have a 1-year warranty.  I’d make use of it if I were in your position.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 03:40:17 AM »

Dorinians are awesome. I ordered 2 in the past two weeks they took like literally no time for them together to on my doorstep with free shipping. I'm happy with both. I modded the green one with a Shock pommel. It has v4 sound. The more recent blue one I bought has red FoC. I noticed immediately the it was significantly heavier. But Dorinians are awesome so I thought I'd I'd share a link of some of my photos. I hope that is appropriate for the forum. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15060.885

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: