Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first UltraSaber! Just a couple of manteinance questions...  (Read 844 times)
Tuo Padre
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 16, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »

Hello everybody, this is my first post here. First of all, sorry if my english could sometimes be a bit messy... I'll try to make myself understable by everybody.

Secondary, let me introduce myself.
I am from Italy, my name is Davide, I'm 33 and i was born on May 4th... someone would call this "destiny"  Grin
I received today my first UltraSaber. I chose "The Guardian", since my favourite character from all the franchise is Obi-Wan... and it is awesome! Obviously I chose Guardian Blue as a color, with silver Flash on Clash.

I read all the instructions carefully, and i got "stuck" when I read about batteries. It says that i should keep them in the charger instead of leaving them in the saber, or, since i have a recharge port, to keep the charger in, in order to keep batteries fully functional, if i intend to leave the saber idle for a "long period of time".

I intend to use my saber mostly for display, without the blade. I've put it in a shelf with a glass window, to avoid dust sticking to it.

Now, what should I do? And what is intended as "a long period of time"? How often should I charge it to make manteinance and keep it functional? Once a month? Every six months? Every year?
I'd like not to open it if not really necessary (i am scared to break the wires!), but it seems like this should be the right thing to do...

Secondary, when I used my saber a bit, when i pressed the button, the saber slowly turned red, then turned blue again. How could I have done it? Is this intended with some move that I could have accidentally done?

Thanks in advance to everyone who will be so kind to help me. Have a nice day.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »

The best thing to do if you are going to leave it mainly as a static display is to take out the batteries and keep them on the charger or maintenance charge them about once a week. They are put together pretty well so it shouldn't hurt the wiring I have several without recharge ports that i have been taking batteries in and out of for over 6 years and the wiring is fine.

If you really prefer to use the recharge port probably taking to full charge about once a week should keep your batteries going. The two sabers i use the  most run down batteries in about a week when left alone so that is when i charge them.

I don't know about the red issue. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Tuo Padre
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 09:47:48 PM »

First of all, thanks for your answer Smiley
Thanks for that. I just purchased an american-italian adaptor to use the charger, so I think I'll stick with that until I understand clearly the Diamond tool.

As for the Red issue, i replicated it. It happened again when i rotated the saber while keeping it still. It did it a couple of times, but now it doesn't do that again.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »

First of all, thanks for your answer Smiley
Thanks for that. I just purchased an american-italian adaptor to use the charger, so I think I'll stick with that until I understand clearly the Diamond tool.

As for the Red issue, i replicated it. It happened again when i rotated the saber while keeping it still. It did it a couple of times, but now it doesn't do that again.

Force-magic.

LOL

Seriously, this happens sometimes with my Diamond saber, and I don’t know what it is I’m doing that triggers it.  I wish I knew, but I never seem to be paying proper attention at the times it happens.  I figure it’s some pre-programmed gesture effect, but like I say, I cannot reliably reproduce it.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Randy82103
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

Jedi Master Revali

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 11:37:30 PM »

There are videos online of the built-in motions that make the saber change colors. I found them by searching "ultrasabers diamond controller gestures" on youtube, there are videos to program and to show the defaults.

If you want to use the gestures, I recommend making your own gesture that you can do and repeat, then adjust the color/sound within your profile afterwards.

Randy82103: Parent, Engineer, Triathlete, Star Wars Fan. My younglings call me Jedi Master Revali. Yes that's a character from Legend of Zelda, and yes I think that's awesome.

Archon v2 - Unstable Guardian Blue (Diamond), Initiate v3 - Tri-AS in CG with 12" blade

We study primarily Shii-cho and Soresu as taught by the TPLA youTube channel. Light-side points please!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: