Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aliens vs. Predator: 30th Anniversary Edition  (Read 1784 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« on: June 18, 2020, 09:30:44 PM »

Salutations, friends and neighbors....

Wanted to share this with you...some of you might be familiar with the original Aliens vs. Predator series that Dark Horse Comics put out around 1990 that inspired the crossover movies.. I had pre-ordered the 30th anniversary edition from Amazon and it just arrived today. 

It's a hardcover book that's larger than your typical graphic novel, with gilt edged pages.  The oversized pages are a good thing for this series, I think, because the series had some amazing artwork.   The full story is collected here, along with the first chapter of Aliens vs. Predator: War, which was the sequel series.

Thought I'd share some pics with you.  Retail price of the book is $44.99 according to the cover.  Check it out if you're a fan and have the means.  👍

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:21 PM »

Very nice.  Sadly the films never lived up to the comics or games.  I have the original run sealed up for safe keeping until I can afford to get them graded.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:06:42 AM »

What stops movie makers from just adapting the comics straight from the page? I've never understood that. They have their story boards pre-made, dialogue written, plots laid out, with audience reception already known, and yet when they turn it into a movie, they change everything. I don't get it. What am I missing?

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 06:12:52 AM »

What stops movie makers from just adapting the comics straight from the page? I've never understood that. They have their story boards pre-made, dialogue written, plots laid out, with audience reception already known, and yet when they turn it into a movie, they change everything. I don't get it. What am I missing?

You figure this one out let me know , even if they do remake of older movies they have to mess with things ( example: "war of the worlds" and "the day the earth stood still " )

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 01:49:38 PM »

Unfortunately its no "one" thing.  Any adaption is going to need changes...some things won't work on film or especially cutting content for time.  But we all know and accept that.   When it comes to comics they want to make it more "accessible" to the wider movie going audience so they strip down the plot and make the characters as cookie cutter as possible.  Specifically for AVP, Paul Anderson had every intention of making a hard R.....but the studio wanted it pg-13 for marketing reasons.  One of my main gripes was the female lead.  In the comics she was Head of Security, Ex-Military and descended from Samurai....when she started kicking ass....you didn't question it.  In the film she was made into a survival expert....but that does not equate to combat expert.  Predator Hunting grounds though finally gave us a good continuation in the form of Audio recordings of what happened after Predator.  One set is from Jake Busey's character from Predator (who is the son of Gary Busey's character from Predator II) and the other is from Dutch himself (yes...Ahnold is actually doing the recordings) and tells what Dutch did after the first film...and it is as epic a tale as we have always wanted.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »

I agree with you and think that some things are harder to adapt onto the big screen while the studio want to change other aspects of the story line because they they that it'll be better. It's like the music industry where an artist writes a song and by the time, it airs, it evolves into a different song entirely.  Too much politics within it

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: