Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RGB Stunt Saber?  (Read 967 times)
MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« on: June 19, 2020, 12:41:50 AM »

Never come across this before, my latest Frankensaber "THERMIC" came in today, and I was considering swapping out the (what I thought was) silver/white LED with a red led from a different stunt saber.   I pulled out the LED housing and was surprised to find about a dozen wires going to the LED.  Upon closer inspection, its not just a white LED, it looks like RGB, but I only have one activation switch.  Seems like overkill on wiring effort for a stunt saber....

Anyone seen this before?

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 12:49:22 AM »

It appears to be a fully wired RGBW quad LED. There are 8 wires going into the housing and I don't see any hint of amber in the pic shining on the table. It's a good way to do giving the light a bit more richness and fullness in a blade than a regular white LED. lucky draw that one.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »

It appears to be a fully wired RGBW quad LED. There are 8 wires going into the housing and I don't see any hint of amber in the pic shining on the table. It's a good way to do giving the light a bit more richness and fullness in a blade than a regular white LED. lucky draw that one.

I guess so!  I was planning on swapping it out for a red LED, I guess not now.  That's more wiring than I'm comfortable messing with.  There's also not enough slack to get the LED housing any farther out.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 01:59:06 PM »

I guess so!  I was planning on swapping it out for a red LED, I guess not now.  That's more wiring than I'm comfortable messing with.  There's also not enough slack to get the LED housing any farther out.

Yes that does make it more complicated and challenging, but in have reason to believe with patience you could do it...

I'm sure I don't do anything anyone else cannot learn to do and I made this work. 8 high power LEDs. 4 lit AV switches and two speakers and sound boards. One assembly of TCSS parts. Oh and there is a lit exposed electronics chamber in the lower half. 

You can handle an RGBA to Red to get that saber so its truly yours.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth_Skystalker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »

Yes that does make it more complicated and challenging, but in have reason to believe with patience you could do it...

I'm sure I don't do anything anyone else cannot learn to do and I made this work. 8 high power LEDs. 4 lit AV switches and two speakers and sound boards. One assembly of TCSS parts. Oh and there is a lit exposed electronics chamber in the lower half. 

You can handle an RGBA to Red to get that saber so its truly yours.

Holy smokes!!! Firehand what does the final build on that beast look like. I’m officially dying to know now!!! That’s just SIIIIIIICK!!!! Very busy wiring. I’d go cross eyed 😵

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »

Holy smokes!!! Firehand what does the final build on that beast look like. I’m officially dying to know now!!! That’s just SIIIIIIICK!!!! Very busy wiring. I’d go cross eyed 😵

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it belongs between my fighting Aeons.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff