Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Let’s see Your Jedi Costume  (Read 11883 times)
Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 04:43:39 PM »

You've got some good looking stuff there, a lot of the costumes online don't always measure up but you sure scored some nice articles.

Since sharing a costume seems to be the thing for this thread I'll throw myself into the ring, I went with a kind of reverse color combo for the tunic/tabards. Made it all myself from scratch 'cept for the boots and belt.

Great look!  I love the reverse colors,  what fabric is the outer tunic and obi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »

Great look!  I love the reverse colors,  what fabric is the outer tunic and obi?

The outer tunic is white cotton gauze that I dyed brown with RIT dye. I got it from an online retailer after researching that gauze gives a really nice look once it's washed and shrunk a little. The Obi/Tabards are the same material and are a "Better Homes and Gardens" tablecloth that I got from Walmart. I picked it because it had a really neat thatched pattern in the fabric. I think I have an old photo somewhere.... here.

White (undyed) gauze on left, dyed gauze in the center, and the tablecloth design for the Obi/Tabards on the right. Trying to find the right kind of fabric is tricky but ultimately realizing that you can find it anywhere (like in the form of a tablecloth) and if it has a good design to it, then it'll probably work.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »

Awesome job!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »

the gloves and belt were amazon 15$ each the tunic was made by the seamstress of my fencing club the pants are just simple cotton elastic waist i just ordered 12 oz black from my martial arts supplier which seeing some of the prices   for costumes might be a good place to get some pieces from if your interested send me a pm i will give you the site

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 06:47:27 PM »

the gloves and belt were amazon 15$ each the tunic was made by the seamstress of my fencing club the pants are just simple cotton elastic waist i just ordered 12 oz black from my martial arts supplier which seeing some of the prices   for costumes might be a good place to get some pieces from if your interested send me a pm i will give you the site
I’m currently working on my Sith costume and I’ve ordered a bunch of random stuff off of Wish, if it all works out I think I’ll have what I need, but if you’ve ever bought anything from Wish, it can be hit or miss, and the shipping feels like Ultrasabers, you don’t know when it’s coming and you don’t get a lot of communication 🤣

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 08:32:46 PM »

I’m currently working on my Sith costume and I’ve ordered a bunch of random stuff off of Wish, if it all works out I think I’ll have what I need, but if you’ve ever bought anything from Wish, it can be hit or miss, and the shipping feels like Ultrasabers, you don’t know when it’s coming and you don’t get a lot of communication 🤣

My sister uses Wish quite a bit and yeah, shipping has been measured in months lately. What kind of accessories are you getting for your Sith costume? Unlike Jedi the traditional pouches, food capsules, communicator props etc. aren't typically used for Sith, so I'm curious?

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 02:18:24 AM »

Lots of great Jedi outfits in this thread!

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »

My sister uses Wish quite a bit and yeah, shipping has been measured in months lately. What kind of accessories are you getting for your Sith costume? Unlike Jedi the traditional pouches, food capsules, communicator props etc. aren't typically used for Sith, so I'm curious?
I’ve got a cool belt with pouches, black leather bracers with red leather trim, black leather gladiator shoulder pads, a black hooded scarf, a silver skull half face mask a long black Arabian shirt and skirted black linen pants with black boots. Everything but the boots are coming wish.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 04:00:01 PM »

I’ve got a cool belt with pouches, black leather bracers with red leather trim, black leather gladiator shoulder pads, a black hooded scarf, a silver skull half face mask a long black Arabian shirt and skirted black linen pants with black boots. Everything but the boots are coming wish.

Wow, best of luck putting together the costume. Sounds like a great set-up.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 04:33:46 PM »

Hi all,

There are some great outfits on this thread. I recently started work on my own Jedi costume. I was inspired by TheDutchman's project he mentioned I helped him with and I also saw myself in a YT video from a convention I attended - I didn't know I had walked through the shot. So I realised I need a disguise!

I have a CosplaySky basic "white" costume which isn't white at all but a really nice biscuit/light tan colour. The belt and cloak will need upgrading but I need to wait a while before I buy the belt as I have a special pair of screen accurate boots on order and I need to see what shade they are first.

The big problem I think I'll have is finding some decent belt pouches. I have a pack of 10 Steadler highlighter pens to make food capsules. It's slow progress but I'm getting there.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2020, 04:49:20 PM »

Hi all,

There are some great outfits on this thread. I recently started work on my own Jedi costume. I was inspired by TheDutchman's project he mentioned I helped him with and I also saw myself in a YT video from a convention I attended - I didn't know I had walked through the shot. So I realised I need a disguise!

I have a CosplaySky basic "white" costume which isn't white at all but a really nice biscuit/light tan colour. The belt and cloak will need upgrading but I need to wait a while before I buy the belt as I have a special pair of screen accurate boots on order and I need to see what shade they are first.

The big problem I think I'll have is finding some decent belt pouches. I have a pack of 10 Steadler highlighter pens to make food capsules. It's slow progress but I'm getting there.

Belt Pouches are one part of the costume where you have a lot of options, For. You could go with these, which are pretty close to the kind Obi wore in Episode 1, they're made of molded plastic and can be got online:

I got a trio of them a while back and they are pretty cool though a little clunky looking.

You can even make your own. I made a tutorial for some really basic inexpensive ones here on the forum: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0

Are you going all out with the accessories like a holoprojector, communicator, and all that stuff?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »

Hi Saso,

I have already scoped out your tutorial, it was inspired (and the Capsule one).

I am aiming for the Episode 1 style pouches as I have been told I have a passing resemblance to a certain Jedi and am basing the project on him. If I can get the props I will get the Holoprojector, Rebreather and communicator (there are a few comlinks I've seen on ETSY). My main objective is to get the large parts first (and alterations made) then I can add items as I go along later.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 03:28:17 AM »

Almost makes me wish I had a Jedi cosplay.....almost

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 01:04:36 AM »

Clearly I am about 100 steps behind the game. Cheesy You all have some awesome outfits and amazing talent!  I'm just a beginner who doesn't know what he's doing, but here's something very rough I cobbled together out of a bedsheet, a couple pairs of dress pants and a two belts for the premiere of a Star Wars film in my area:

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 01:07:50 AM »

Clearly I am about 100 steps behind the game. Cheesy You all have some awesome outfits and amazing talent!  I'm just a beginner who doesn't know what he's doing, but here's something very rough I cobbled together out of a bedsheet, a couple pairs of dress pants and a two belts for the premiere of a Star Wars film in my area:

I am also a just getting into this, waiting on stuff i orderd. thanks for sharing and have your first point

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: