Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Apprentice LE v5  (Read 1569 times)
Shink28
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: June 24, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »

2 words: LOVE IT.

Just came in the mail today, the sound on the obsidian lite is so crisp and clear and the color is so BRIGHT even in day light. Its also heavy, heavier than I expected which makes me glad. Very responsive as well when I swing it and get the different sound effects, though I do notice I have to swing it a little harder to get the different noises to play. Still it was well worth the wait, I have loved turning it off and on (I will end up driving my fiancee insane), and the 2 different sound modes are very distinct and awesome. Absolutely love this! Hoping to get the Princess for my fiancee soon...

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »

Woah.  2 different sound modes?  I'm still waiting on mine.  please explain! 

2 words: LOVE IT.

Just came in the mail today, the sound on the obsidian lite is so crisp and clear and the color is so BRIGHT even in day light. Its also heavy, heavier than I expected which makes me glad. Very responsive as well when I swing it and get the different sound effects, though I do notice I have to swing it a little harder to get the different noises to play. Still it was well worth the wait, I have loved turning it off and on (I will end up driving my fiancee insane), and the 2 different sound modes are very distinct and awesome. Absolutely love this! Hoping to get the Princess for my fiancee soon...

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 09:26:15 PM »

Pictures Pictures Pictures Please!

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »

Yes pictures please

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Shink28
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 11:13:22 PM »

The photo doesn't do it justice for how nice the color of the blade is. Its so bright even in a really lit room.

And yes 2 sound modes! I found after I turn it on if I hit the power button again it will start to make a crackling noise like two sabers touching, or like Kylo Rens lightsaber with the broken crystal.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 11:50:27 PM »

great pic +point

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 11:52:17 PM »

Looks nice colour looks cool if it's a diamond saber should have 9 font settings I think and yes the crackling sounds are meant to be for when 2 sabers are locked in combat

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 12:24:06 PM »

Nice looking saber.  Great blade photo!  That second sound is referred to as "lockup." 

The photo doesn't do it justice for how nice the color of the blade is. Its so bright even in a really lit room.

And yes 2 sound modes! I found after I turn it on if I hit the power button again it will start to make a crackling noise like two sabers touching, or like Kylo Rens lightsaber with the broken crystal.

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

Obaj
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »

I got the dark apprentice v5 which is basically the same saber but black. First day using it after a long two months of waiting and the reflective foil in the blade falls out when I’m going to change from blade to the blade plug. Very disappointed in this purchase.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »

I got the dark apprentice v5 which is basically the same saber but black. First day using it after a long two months of waiting and the reflective foil in the blade falls out when I’m going to change from blade to the blade plug. Very disappointed in this purchase.

Hi Obaj, sorry to hear of your disappointment but the Diffusion Film (the foil) is purposely left loose in the blade to prevent it wrinkling during use. If the film is glued in place when the blade bends (which is normal when they clash together) the film is too rigid and twists and can cause the film to kink leaving a permanent crease which is visible. Having a loose film allows it to flex with the blade.

When changing blade the trick is to hold the saber either horizontal or with the blade pointing down to avoid the film falling out.

I hope maybe you'll become emotionally attached to your purchase after owning it a while.

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 12:01:42 PM »

A nice looking saber; thanks for sharing.

DrEe Windu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: