Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Won't Connect  (Read 2590 times)
DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« on: June 25, 2020, 04:59:21 PM »

So, my new Emperor's Hand arrived today.  It's an Emerald one just for clarification.  And I just can't get it to connect with the Obsidian soundboard.

I plugged the USB cord into the correct port for the soundboard and into the computer, turned the saber on, and opened the launcher.  I hit "Auto Connect" and it says this: "Device disconnected. Auto-connection enabled.  Check if the board is powered by the battery pack, turned on and connected to your computer. If it still can't connect, try to unplug and replug the USB cable and/or restart the board."

Now, I can connect to the Emerald color portion of the saber just fine, but I'm not sure what is going on with the Obsidian board (I have V4 because it's an Emerald one). I should also mention that I haven't fully charged the batteries yet, which I am going to do, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.  I've also have the latest Launcher and have tried running it in Admin mode.

I am honestly stumped here.  Any help would be appreciated.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »

I plugged the USB cord into the correct port for the soundboard and into the computer, turned the saber on, and opened the launcher.  I hit "Auto Connect" and it says this: "Device disconnected. Auto-connection enabled.  Check if the board is powered by the battery pack, turned on and connected to your computer. If it still can't connect, try to unplug and replug the USB cable and/or restart the board."

Now, I can connect to the Emerald color portion of the saber just fine, but I'm not sure what is going on with the Obsidian board (I have V4 because it's an Emerald one). I should also mention that I haven't fully charged the batteries yet, which I am going to do, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.  I've also have the latest Launcher and have tried running it in Admin mode.

I am honestly stumped here.  Any help would be appreciated.

See highlighted above. You did it in the wrong order. The saber MUST be turned on BEFORE you plug it into the computer. I'm honestly surprised the Emerald worked if you did it in that order for the Emerald connection.

Having the batteries fully charged will help, if for no other reason than the saber won't turn off in the middle of you changing settings, which is never a good thing.

Unrelated, you need to update your signature.  Cheesy

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »

See highlighted above. You did it in the wrong order. The saber MUST be turned on BEFORE you plug it into the computer. I'm honestly surprised the Emerald worked if you did it in that order for the Emerald connection.

Having the batteries fully charged will help, if for no other reason than the saber won't turn off in the middle of you changing settings, which is never a good thing.

I'll give a try and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: Nope, still won't connect to the Obsidian soundboard.  I'm too frustrated to deal with this right now, as I'm having another issue trying to get the blade out.  Maybe I'm just doing this wrong or something.  I'll work on it later when I'm less frustrated.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 01:08:24 AM »

So, after taking a break, I tried to connect the USB cable that came with it to my computer and see if I could get it to finally connect to the Launcher.  Still nada.

I heard something about the Obsidian V4 and the Launcher having issues with Windows 10 and something about needing a USB hub (I think that's what it was called).  Is this still a thing, because I can't think of anything else other than I got a bum USB cable or a bum connector on the board.

Edit: I'm also getting an "Error 10" message when I check the Device Manager.  Only thing I can think of is that it's a bum USB cord.  Probably going to have to go get a new one, as I don't have one readily available that will fit.  If it doesn't work after that, I'll have to send it back and get the soundboard replaced.

Edit 2: I know it uses a Mini USB cable, but is it an A, B, etc.?

Current Blades Owned:

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »

Well, thank the Maker.  I was finally able to get the Obsidian soundboard to finally work.

Had to go buy a USB Hub and I uninstalled and reinstalled the Launcher to be safe.  But, when I plugged it in the second time (didn't read the first time), it immediately started working. So happy days.

Current Blades Owned:

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »

Good to hear. Have fun playing with the sounds and colors. Cheesy

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 10:16:35 PM »

I have been so far.  Having a bit of trouble with an Inquisitor soundfont that doesn't seem to want to write the Boot sound to it.  May have to replace it with something else.  But, I'm enjoying the ones that are actually working.

Still looking for an Ahsoka one I think from her Rebels lightsabers and any others that might catch my fancy.  Other than that, I'm glad I was able to fix the issue.

Current Blades Owned:

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 10:24:24 PM »

I have been so far.  Having a bit of trouble with an Inquisitor soundfont that doesn't seem to want to write the Boot sound to it.  May have to replace it with something else.  But, I'm enjoying the ones that are actually working.

Still looking for an Ahsoka one I think from her Rebels lightsabers and any others that might catch my fancy.  Other than that, I'm glad I was able to fix the issue.

Do a search in the Sound Font sub-sub-forum. There's about a page of results of people either posting or looking for a good Ahsoka one. If KaiserSosay is around he may be able to make you one and/or know where one can be found.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: