Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: V4 - Formating and adding fonts...  (Read 1500 times)
Cyberwaste6996
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 25, 2020, 07:45:47 PM »

There's a couple fonts I don't care to have on the saber that came with it.  I know formatting it will wipe it clean but then when I wanna add new fonts how does that work?  Do I have to adjust the space for each one manually or will they do that automatically? I also downloaded the default fonts so I can put the ones I want back on but how do I get the silent font back?

I'm sorry if these are bad questions I just am trying to understand how to do this as it's my 1st ultrasaber and obsidian board.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 08:56:11 PM »

There's a couple fonts I don't care to have on the saber that came with it.  I know formatting it will wipe it clean but then when I wanna add new fonts how does that work?  Do I have to adjust the space for each one manually or will they do that automatically? I also downloaded the default fonts so I can put the ones I want back on but how do I get the silent font back?

I'm sorry if these are bad questions I just am trying to understand how to do this as it's my 1st ultrasaber and obsidian board.

Not bad questions.

First, the only way I know of to get the Mute font back is to backup the sound files BEFORE you format everything to wipe it clean. How to do so can be found here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43762.0

I would suggest, since you said there's only a couple that you don't like, that you individually replace only those, rather than wiping the whole thing. Then you don't have to worry about putting back the stuff you wanted to keep in the first place.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cyberwaste6996
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:54:02 PM »

The problem I seem to be having is that any time I tried to use the sound wizard and add my files over the one I wanna replace the new files are always too big.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 11:05:40 PM »

The problem I seem to be having is that any time I tried to use the sound wizard and add my files over the one I wanna replace the new files are always too big.

fwiw, be careful if you're getting the 'too big' message.  it may or may not be related, but that's how I fried my Diamond board, when I was trying to upload a (small) soundfont, but it kept insisting it was too big.

if you haven't already, backup/save your existing fonts to your computer

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: